Toyota is going to have everyone by the balls

Old 01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota is going to have everyone by the *****

It was the Toyota Yari, being released in 06/07.

assuming it will be reliable?
Does anyone really need to see consumer reports to know if any Toyota's reliable? You act like there's a chance, which will never happen...especially with their I4s. Just look at the I4 Tacoma. First off their resale value is through the roof, and consumers know that (because it's reliable). Second, I was talking to a Toyota dealer and since they've been open, only 3 had to come back for tranny problems after quite an extensive period. How many hundreds do you think they sold?

-Matt-

Old 01-12-2006, 06:14 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

hell, my mom's toyota truck had well over 200,000 before she gave it to her brother, which was a mistake. Any car he gets doesn't work 3 months later.

What is funny, if I remember right, the Toyota Yaris is the name sold in japan for the Scion XB here.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

It was the Toyota Yari, being released in 06/07.

assuming it will be reliable?
Does anyone really need to see consumer reports to know if any Toyota's reliable? You act like there's a chance, which will never happen...especially with their I4s. Just look at the I4 Tacoma. First off their resale value is through the roof, and consumers know that (because it's reliable). Second, I was talking to a Toyota dealer and since they've been open, only 3 had to come back for tranny problems after quite an extensive period. How many hundreds do you think they sold?
I don't care how reliable they are... if they have no style/design, it doesn't do anything for me. Have you guys seen these new concepts from Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai and Kia... Ugliness...

Old 01-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Avenger39
Professional

MidnightBlueNeon

I don't care how reliable they are... if they have no style/design, it doesn't do anything for me. Have you guys seen these new concepts from Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai and Kia... Ugliness...
i totally agree except you forgot about how underpowered they are also.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

That might be one of the reasons they are so reliable...

Old 01-13-2006, 02:15 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone read in the latest Car & Driver that Toyota plans to release a new compact car for, "well under $13,000"? They had a picture of a red one and a blue one. I forget what it was called, but the car version didn't look that bad and it got something like 35-40 miles per gallon. With the Xa, Xb, Tc and this upcoming car, I think they're really going to dominate the auto industy with all these cheap reliable cars.

-Matt-
What your refering to is called the Toyota Yaris. It has a 106 horsepower (103 torque) 1.5L 4 cylinder and weighs in at between 2300-2350 lbs. It's performance [sm=icon_rofl.gif] is estimated by C&D to be 0-60 MPH in 9.5 to 9.8 seconds and the 1/4 mile between 17.8 and 18.1 seconds. Then again it's not made to perform it's just made to sell and it's base price is $12,500. It comes in either a 3 door coupe or the far better looking, as sad as that is, 4 door sedan model.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:03 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

if they have no style/design
No style? The new Tacoma was truck of the year, the Tc is downright awesome, Highlander is good looking and the Carrola(sp?) Xs is fairly sporty. Lets compare that to Dodge's van Durango, it's ugly Nitro, the SUV Caliber, and the Dakota that everyone in America supposively hates (which I like).

0-60 MPH in 9.5 to 9.8
That's laughable

-Matt-

Old 01-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

The Tacoma was not truck of the year because of it's design, Matt... and the tC (lower t, cap C) is the only one that has any style. The Corolla is very basic... IMO

About your ugly Dodges you talking about...

The Durango, which I give you, is very ugly, has this new cousin, it's called the Apen, which I and most think it looks very good.

The Nitro, I give you that, but I like it.

The Caliber, not matter how many times you say SUV, is only thought of as an SUV, because many people have not seen the actual car, they have only seen the concept. The actual car looks much better. The Caliber is called by DCX "no ordinary small car", it is, in fact a small car, with a larger than normal hatchback. Take this quote from Allpar for example, the guys who have seen it up close...
I’ve stood next to a Caliber, and the engine idles very quietly, even when it’s moving. Size-wise, the Caliber is similar to the Matrix, though it seems a bit wider and lower
The Dakota, I think, looks great. I think many people are just wierded out by the completely new look.

DCX has much style, besides a few bad apples... Toyota makes the plainest cars in the world. Plain, under powered, econo cars... That's why they sell. You are picking out a few ugly cars that DCX made, out of 70+ that look good. Then you are picking the only 2 decent looking Toyota cars, out of all the other ugly ones... Are you Toyota biased Matt?

Old 01-13-2006, 12:23 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

The Tacoma ws not truck of the year because of it's design, Matt
But, dispite of this bad design or lack of deisgn, it's still outselling the Dakota. Where was the 05' Dak's truck of the year??

Are you Toyota biased Matt?
Ofcourse

-Matt-

Old 01-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

The Tacoma ws not truck of the year because of it's design, Matt
But, dispite of this bad design or lack of deisgn, it's still outselling the Dakota. Where was the 05' Dak's truck of the year??
It was/is a damn good truck. Reliable, econo, powerful enough etc...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyota is going to have everyone by the balls