Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Ram SRT10 Loses Title As "World's Fastest Production Truck"

ORIGINAL: shadowzform

[rant][sm=headbang.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]boy, just great news to ruin my night! I have no reason to get angry but I am! I am upset!! I've been srt-10 number one fan for how long? and GM breaks the title on some foreign truck that they can't even sell in the united states? and offering us some POS Silverado SS or whatever its called. PFFT! That's bs.Now dodge will have to say "fastest american production pickup" Gah! darn aussies. Your name almost spells something else I'm thinking of.[/off rant][sm=rant.gif]

Well let's hope they are going to up the power on the ram. [please?]
It's a car in a truck's clothing, don't be so upset... They can't make a real truck faster than the SRT-10... lol

Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
cjwr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think that unless that gm truckcar thing can out pull the srt-10, it is a price of crap.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:53 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: dodgerules86

Well let's hope they are going to up the power on the ram.
What Dodge should do, is partner up with Hennessey, and make a limited-production (but production nonetheless) Ram SRT-10 Hennessey edition (since a 2006 Viper Hennessey nets 1000HP and 1100lb*ft). That would run circles around that GM creation.
But, since I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than seeing them partner up, we'll just wait for the new Viper motor to come out, so GM can play catch-up for 2.5 years again, and than offer the vehicle half the world away. Stupid GM.
For one, the SRT-10 Ram just barely qualifies as a production truck as it is. Making a ridiculously priced limited edition model would cost way too much and honestly....they wouldnt sell all that well. Some people would buy them.....but Hennessey has been getting a lot of bad talk generated about him for a couple of years.......I wouldnt take one if you gave it to me.

ORIGINAL: cjwr

i think that unless that gm truckcar thing can out pull the srt-10, it is a price of crap.
It is as much a truck as it is a car. It's got a towing capacity of about 3600lbs and can haul in its bed about 1400lbs...

The SRT-10 Reg Cab, which would be the correct comparison here....Dodge.com states its NOT RECOMMENDED to tow anything with the truck. They also can only handle about 1200lbs of payload in the bed. Wow, what a surprise. That's pretty sad really.

This Holden Ute is more on the size/level of the Dakota then the Ram, but its a solid vehicle and has been being produced for quite a long time.

Also, the cost of one of these Ute's in American money would be about $32k....for the SS Ute....which is about 10k less then the SRT-10 Ram. The Ram's cooler....but the SS gets the job done for what people want it for.

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon
It's a car in a truck's clothing, don't be so upset... They can't make a real truck faster than the SRT-10... lol
I'm gonna beat a dead horse with this comment. The F150 Lightning was not much slower then the SRT-10 with an engine almost half the size of the Viper motor. Granted, it was S/C'd.....but it was capable of alot more which the Ford GT showed. All Ford would need to do is make the changes on a Lightning's motor like they did for the GT....and now you have 500hp in a vehicle that's about 500lbs lighter then the SRT-10. For the record, the motor they used in the Ford GT car, was the same motor from the F150, just modified and S/C'd.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:04 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I'm sorry but that isnt a pickup at all(Maloo R8) ... thats a car, plain and simple. I dont even consider it a sport utility either. When a vehicle is built from a car platform then its a car, regardless of it having a bed or not. A truck is a truck, built on a seperate frame, with a bed seperate from the cab.

I used to own a Ford Ranchero and it to was really a car(torino in fact) just like the El Camino's were either Chevelles or malibus. This more or less what they have produced.

So if you put a bed on the back of a Viper, to the aussies you got a pickup... yeh right.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I agree with VFS... lol

Yep, just like those old El Camino's etc... Don't forget to mention the Cabaleero's too or how ever you spell it, lol...

NOT A TRUCK

Old 07-11-2006, 08:24 AM
hemi 265
Professional

As an Australian i can tell you it's no pickup truck. It's just a Ute made from the holden Commodore sedan which is smaller than a 300 or charger. So imagine an SRT Charger made to a ute,that's what i would like to see. The only pickup you can buy is Fords F series. There is a company that imports the Ram to Australia thats about it. Hopefuly when Dodge comes here in August it will one day sell the Ram In RHD! I will never buy a Holden or Ford so Hurry up Dodge come and bring some good products here!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:32 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

It was bound to happen sooner or later. GM still hasn't realized though that people want quality.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:41 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

a POS

Old 07-13-2006, 02:21 PM
srtommy
Veteran

That "Ute" isn't really a truck. It's more like an El Camino or Ranchero. The thing probably weighs 500 or more pounds less than a Ram SRT. I cry "FOUL." It looks like Guinness added a Utility tag to the classification. That thing isn't really a pickup. It's more like a car with no back seats or roof on it.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:31 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Wow, I agree with VFS... lol
I know, right... I am as suprised as you... imagine that... LOL!

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram SRT10 Loses Title As "World's Fastest Production Truck"