Dodge Ram SRT10 Loses Title As "World's Fastest Production Truck"

Old 07-14-2006, 05:20 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Ram SRT10 Loses Title As "World's Fastest Production Truck"

ORIGINAL: srtommy

That "Ute" isn't really a truck. It's more like an El Camino or Ranchero. The thing probably weighs 500 or more pounds less than a Ram SRT. I cry "FOUL." It looks like Guinness added a Utility tag to the classification. That thing isn't really a pickup. It's more like a car with no back seats or roof on it.
Holden Ute SS - roughly 5000lbs with the 6.0L LS2 V8 - 400hp? I dunno if its N/A or SC'd or what...
Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC - 5691lbs with V10 - 505hp
Ford Lightning F150 - 4700lbs with SC V8 - 380hp/450ftlbs torque

By your arguement, then the F150 is even worse then the Ute....as its almost a 1000lbs lighter then the SRT-10. It was the record holder prior to the SRT-10 with a lot less HP too....

The Ute, whether you like it or not, is a pickup truck. Is it one in the typical Dakota, S-10, or Ranger way? No, it's not. Yes, its built on a car chassis. So what? There are trucks here in the USA that dont perform much better that are built like trucks should be built.

Truth is, Ford didnt care enough to challenge the SRT-10...and I dont know why Holden bothered either.....as its a vehicle exclusive to Australia.

One more thing, this isnt like we're comparing Heavy Duty 3500 Ram's to a F450. These are fast performance trucks....and in the world of real trucks...wouldnt see much daily use as far as hauling/towing anyways.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok let's forget about the pounds argument... The fact is that it is not a truck at all... It has nothing in common with a truck, besides a bed. This argument is void... The end..

Old 07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

I'll be surprised if Guiness considers this a truck.....

Old 07-14-2006, 01:54 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Ok let's forget about the pounds argument... The fact is that it is not a truck at all... It has nothing in common with a truck, besides a bed. This argument is void... The end..
The very first trucks, were nothing but cars with beds instead of rear ends. The record is for pickup/utility vehicles. There were trucks being built in the 70's & 80's that utilized car frames. Just because it doesnt look like a truck doesnt mean it cant be considered one.

And one more thing, it wouldnt be breaking the world record in the Guiness record books if it didnt meet the criteria....so you can disagree all you want, but they consider it a truck/utility vehicle.

ORIGINAL: HemiMan4451

I'll be surprised if Guiness considers this a truck.....
To achieve the record and conform to the Guinness World Record guidelines, the Maloo R8 had to be independently scrutinised to ensure it was a standard production specification vehicle, in exactly the same state and condition as when it rolled off the production line. Once the Maloo R8 was certified, the attempt was run over a marked 1km course, again, to the guidelines set by Guinness World Records.

Guinness World Records official Mr Chris Sheedy was on hand to confirm the attempt was genuine and that HSV now hold the mantel for the top production Ute/pickup in the World.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:06 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

^^ well now we have so many weird vehicles out now, its hard to define what anything is anymore. Like that ugly POS Avalanche... you could barely fit a suitcase in the bed of that thing, plus you need a stepladder jsut to get up there. So i guess if the avalanche and many others can call themselves trucks then that boat-look-alike Maloo R8 can call itself a truck too. Hell, I looked in the mirror this morning and I think I look like a truck too, I just need me a speedbike to set the record and I will be the fastest pickup in the world then, just not production.

Personally I think that was a cheap way that GM tried to take Dodge's title. They are so jealous but I have yet to see them make that SS truck of theirs any good. SRT-10 is still the fastest production pickup in america, and once that Maloo R8 ends production, the SRT-10 will once again be the fastest production pickup, just without the guiness book of world records record. Dodge is making all the records and being the best at almost everything and other companies can't stand it. So I'm gonna flip the birdie to them and pass the vocal baton on to someone else...

Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

The very first trucks, were nothing but cars with beds instead of rear ends. The record is for pickup/utility vehicles. There were trucks being built in the 70's & 80's that utilized car frames. Just because it doesnt look like a truck doesnt mean it cant be considered one.

And one more thing, it wouldnt be breaking the world record in the Guiness record books if it didnt meet the criteria....so you can disagree all you want, but they consider it a truck/utility vehicle.
Common vehicle knowledge tells us it's not a truck... They can tell me it's a truck all they want. But I know they are lying to their selves... I'm gonna put a bed on my Neon and call it a truck...

Old 07-14-2006, 02:25 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: shadowzform

Personally I think that was a cheap way that GM tried to take Dodge's title. They are so jealous but I have yet to see them make that SS truck of theirs any good. SRT-10 is still the fastest production pickup in america, and once that Maloo R8 ends production, the SRT-10 will once again be the fastest production pickup, just without the guiness book of world records record. Dodge is making all the records and being the best at almost everything and other companies can't stand it. So I'm gonna flip the birdie to them and pass the vocal baton on to someone else...
Ummm you obviously dont get it. This isnt even an American GM product...its an Aussie product. The SRT-10 will stop production as of this year. So, you already lost that train of thought as well.

Also, the GMC Syclone held the world record for a long time....as far back as the early 90's.....1/4 mile in roughly 13 sec and 0-60 in under 5 seconds, all out of a turbo'd V6.

You want to talk cheap.....talk about making a 50k performance truck that can barely outperform a 35k performance truck. Yeah, all the Viper people are gonna say well the quality of the vehicle, the motor, the limited models blah blah blah.... No one's really "competing". The same motor the F150 Lightnings use, was used in the Ford GT. The Ford GT has 500hp. The F150 had 380hp. Imagine had they bothered to keep the vehicle in production....the F150 would still be #1.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:10 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

This argument has gotten stupid...

Old 07-15-2006, 11:56 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

I actually looked it up, and the Maloo R8 weighs around 3700 lbs.....

I don't consider it a truck, but Guiness does.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

Heres the link

It says in there how much it weighs....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Ram SRT10 Loses Title As "World's Fastest Production Truck"