Senate Approves Ban On Red Light Cams. - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Senate Approves Ban On Red Light Cams.

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Senate Approves Ban On Red Light Cams.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Dakota_24
Default Senate Approves Ban On Red Light Cams.

YESSSSS! Eventhough they are in one of the Suburbs; they are in a busy intersection, and they haven't been a popular addition. They have been ticketing people who don't get an arrow, and have been waiting for opposite traffic to clear, and when it turns yellow; it gets your front plate. Plus whether you are the driver or not; YOU get the ticket! Very Unfair!!!

http://www.kcci.com/news/11593147/detail.html

Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: Senate Approves Ban On Red Light Cams.

i hope this is a country wide ban. i know it is illegal in michigan already, but i get paranoid in other states.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Dakota_24

No; this ban is just in Iowa..SO FAR! LOL

Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Balcones Heights, a sub-city in north San Antonio, recently approved and installedthe red light cameras. The problem now is that most of the people theyphotograph refuse to pay the fine. In addition, the state just passed a law to collect half of the fine for it's own use, so the places that pass a law like this thinking they will get rich quick are mistaken.......

Dusty

Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Mean Green
Champion

The big problem with the red light cameras is that they cause more accidents than they prevent. People are worried about running the light and getting a ticket so they slam on their brakes instead and the guy behind crunches them up pretty good... There should be a longer period before they actually take the picture because I have seen plenty of people who DO deserve the ticket...

Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 AM
motorider228
Champion

We have cameras over all our lights in vegas and people ar elead to believe they are for the tickets and all that but I talked to a guy who works in the traffic monitoring department for the city and he said they are purely for checking where accidents are and how the traffic flow is. People THINK they are for tickets and so fourth but they are not.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:05 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

The red light cameras in Texas are for ticketing ... they don't even TRY to hide it.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:16 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

in the nice cities out here they have like 8 cameras an intersection, but since red light cameras are illegal here they dont intimidate anyone. i have always assumed it was to watch an accident to prove who was at fualt.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:21 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

in giving YOU the ticket... isnt it the burden of the STATE to prove that YOU were driving and committed the violation? i would say it gets thrown out, as just a picture of your plate provides much more than reasonable doubt.

and as far as not getting an arrow or anything, i was taught to drive by my father, who gave me great common sense advice so many people just arent willing to do. that is get up into the intersection so when the light turns red, you are blocking the intersection and must complete your left turn.

i can see recording for accident reconstruction, and there are those who blatently deserve tickets as well. but it just isnt solid enough to hold any water for giving tickets. and i hear you on the dumbasses who slam on the brakes at a yellow light... they forget that the 18wheeler behind them cant stop quite as quick as their little cavalier and get crushed.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 AM
52b3b108
Veteran

The case in Iowa (city of Clive) is that they were ticketing the owner and not the actual driver. Secondly, they were charging a different dollar amount for the fine and not reporting the violation to the DOT. They had two different rules for the same offense. If an officer caught you for running the light it was a stiffer fine and blemish on your DOT record.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Senate Approves Ban On Red Light Cams.

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: