what do you think houston should do? - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

what do you think houston should do?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
set bench marks to stop funding
47.37%
Create an employment initiative for businesses to hire evacuees.
5.26%
Push for the federal government to rebuild New Orleans faster
10.53%
Nothing, they're probably unemployable and are just waiting to go home
21.05%
Other
15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

what do you think houston should do?

Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Pirata
Champion
Default RE: what do you think houston should do?

They need to tell those people to get off their 4th point of contact and do something. I am amazed at how people in the US will bitch about Immigration and a war but not people who willingly lived below sea level on the coast and had their homes destroyed by a natural disaster 2 years ago. They need to get the US nipple out of their mouth and get going. If they didn't plan better, eff 'em and let them start over. I know it sounds harsh but I am not opposed to the US helping ourt people in need but there needs to be a limit. Welfare, unemployment, WIC, etc... People need to be held accountable for their actions. Sure help them get back on their feet but just giving them a completely free living without any end in site is wrong. Sorry to use a sexist type comment but get off your 4th point of contact and take it like a man.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:13 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

ORIGINAL: DeWalt378G

i agree with the majority of comments on that site. simply put, work for it and earn it. don't sit on your a$$ and wait for a handout, that's pathetic.
Again here with what you said.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 PM
motorider228
Champion

ORIGINAL: Pirata

I am amazed at how people in the US will bitch about Immigration and a war but not people who willingly lived below sea level on the coast and had their homes destroyed by a natural disaster 2 years ago.
Big +1. Let me think here, hmm I am below sea level and there is a big *** lake next to me, the only thing seperating us is a levy. They chose to live there so they should deal with the consequences, you don't sea the Las Vegas residents that can't afford AC crying to FEMA for them to hook them up with an air conditioner in the summer when it is 115 outside. You also did not see those people in Kansas that just lost everything they had to that tornado whining about it. They got together and WORKED and got somethign done, they didn't whine to the government for money. It's not my fault they got hit by some hurricane and it's not my fault their stuff got ruined so I am tired of paying for it. I say cut off ALL funding to the New Orleans people over the Hurricane. Two years is long enough to get your **** together.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
deranged
Record Breaker

I had to vote for stop the funding. It's become quite apparent that the majority of these people are content with handouts and will not do anything to help themselves. They should be actively seeking employment where they are or have all aid cut as initiative to do so. As stated above there should be plenty of work in the New Orleans area as rebuilding efforts continue. The last federal aid these deadbeats should get is a bus ticket back to Louisiana.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:59 PM
austinramman
Veteran

Our gov't has a positive future outlook for them .
Benifits extended till 2009!!!
http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2007...-through-2009/

Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Pirata
Champion

You gott be Bull****ing me! I wonder if I could get money from the Government because of the traumatic stress of having to deal with seeing the Government give money away. It's sad because of the hundreds of thousands of servicemembers who have served in Iraq get a few pay bonuses while they are there, like hazardous duty pay, but these stop upon their return to the US. They don't get a "displacement" allowance to help them ease back into life in the US no matter what their situation. Why are these people who chose to live in a places severalfeet below sea level then seem shocked when the levee's break and their stuff gets flooded. 2 years later, they either need to get off their butt and do something about their situation or starve. Their stuff got wiped out and I am truly sorry they had to go through that but it does not entitle them to a free living. Oh, they didn't have insurance, tough **** they should have had insurance that covered them to live in a place like that or be willing to accept the consequences for THEIR decision.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

I picked the second one. Give the businesses in Houston a break if they hire an evacuee. It'd be the same thing as hiring a former prisoner, ora handicap. If the idiot doesn't take advantage of the opportunity that's presented by a business owner or a company for a job, then the hell with them and cut their welfare and any other funding off so that way they're forced to get a job for money or go back to begging on the street corner, or send them to Cuba. That'd probably shock that crap out of Castro.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I agree, two years is plenty of time to get back on your feet. As long as we keep giving these people "stayin at home" checks and trailers to live in, they're going to be content with what they have because in many cases, it's better than what they had BEFORE Katrina......

Dusty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what do you think houston should do?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: