Ever have one of those days? - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Ever have one of those days?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Ever have one of those days?

Old 11-17-2004, 07:19 PM
04Dakota
Veteran
Default RE: Ever have one of those days?

Do like I do, every night before you go to sleep just simply turn the ringer off. Works great. if you have caller ID you'll know if anyone important calls.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:37 PM
[email protected] Squ33

Its a Nextel, I don't have a phone. And the Nextel is the company's if I turn it off they know.

Actually Mandy. It was. I went to the office at 12 to see if they had anythign for me to do. Which they didn't

So, my boss made me the office bitch. I got to file everyone's paperwork in the file room. That part of the day sucked. Then at about 3pm my boss calls me in his office and says: "Screw that filing I want you to go to this place and clean some smoke detectors."

I gladly took the job cause I'd rather drive the truck and do somethign than file paperwork. Luckily it was one smoke detector ina nursing home. I love days like this. I didn't sit at home all day but I got some stuff acomplished.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:54 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Somebody at work walked off with the grandmaster key to over half the businesses in our patrol area.....needless to say, the Chief was P.O.'d and I got the brunt of it being on dispatch today. After that, I get a call from a lady wanting to report the theft of a cigarette.....no, not a carton of cigarettes, not a pack of cigarettes, ONE SINGLE CIGARETTE. When I advised her that the "property" probably no longer existed, she became angry and threatened to write a letter to the newspaper about how we didn't want to serve the public. So, I dispatched an officer to take her report and spend another hour typing it up......now you know why there's never a cop around when you need one......[:@]

Old 11-17-2004, 11:02 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

thats when u tell her she got the wrong # and give her the "real" number

Old 11-17-2004, 11:10 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

I'm still screwed. We have a non-emergency # and an emergency #. I have to answer them both.[:@]

Old 11-17-2004, 11:16 PM
[email protected] Squ33

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Somebody at work walked off with the grandmaster key to over half the businesses in our patrol area.....needless to say, the Chief was P.O.'d and I got the brunt of it being on dispatch today. After that, I get a call from a lady wanting to report the theft of a cigarette.....no, not a carton of cigarettes, not a pack of cigarettes, ONE SINGLE CIGARETTE. When I advised her that the "property" probably no longer existed, she became angry and threatened to write a letter to the newspaper about how we didn't want to serve the public. So, I dispatched an officer to take her report and spend another hour typing it up......now you know why there's never a cop around when you need one......[:@]
LMAO!!!

*Sound of a phone ringing in a small texas home the police scrable to turn on their trace machines.*
*A woman picks the phone up with a shakey voice*

"He...hello?"

*A cold-dark masked voice replies*

"We have your cigarette. If you ever want to see it alive again then meet us at the corner of 12th and Havana carrying a black Samsonite suitcase, make sure it has those little brass locks they are neat. Inside the suitcase place four hundred and ninety eight brand new shiney dated 2004 pennies. Lincoln's face must be looking at me. If not, your cigarette dies. Come alone or the cigarette dies. If we so much as feel a police officer the cigarette dies. You ahve until midnight. If you are late even by one second, the cigarette dies. Remember, midnight."

*The phone goes dead*

"Oh, my god, oh my god they are going to kill my cigarette!! Theya re going to kill my cigarette!!"

"Calm down ma'am." One of the police officers asks.

"Don't you fn' understand they are going to KILL my cigarette!?!?!"

"Please ma'am, we'll get your cigarette back but you need to calm down."

"And they want 498 pennies!! Where am I going to get 498 pennies?!?!?!"

"Ma'am that's $4.98. We can manage that. Just calm down."

What you should do is get the brand cigarette she smokes, and have someone in the precinct smoke one. Then call her up.

"Ma'am. We found your cigarette. If you'd like to come down to the station and claim it you can do so between the hours 8-5 monday through friday. However, we must wanr you, it's not a pretty sight. It was brutally murdered."

I swear, its people like that with stupid retarded phone calls like that are the reason why people with legitimate emergencies like being robbed can never get any justice. That woman should be locked up for shear stupidity.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:27 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Good one, Nick!!![sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-17-2004, 11:44 PM
[email protected] Squ33

As soon as I read your post I fell off the chair with laughter then I could visually see that happening and it made me laugh even harder.

Thanks.

Old 11-18-2004, 03:40 AM
LilMzRam
Record Breaker

Lol, Dusty! That is absolutely hilarious! And Nick, your reply, priceless! I laughed at that one too!

Old 11-18-2004, 04:04 AM
[email protected] Squ33

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever have one of those days?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: