Mahogany - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Mahogany

Old 11-18-2004, 04:57 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Mahogany

ORIGINAL: 2004sxt

Just curious as to the following(I'm always asking people one of the following questions or sometimes all of them)

1. What do you all do for a living?
2. What do you want to be doing for a living?
3. Do you enjoy what you do?
4. How did you get to where you are?
5. Any advice for someone living paycheck to paycheck?

Sorry if the question is too fourthcomming, I'm just a curious cat
1) Test engineer/Real Estate Agent/Loan Officer/L.O. Manager
2) yes, a) test engineering allows me to deal with both hardware and software problem solving issues which can be challenging
b) the real estate stuff is for when I want to quit doing the electronics and change careers... really more for part time
retirement income.
3) yes, love the challenge of both fields... electronics & real estate activities (1st time home buyers are a challenge sometimes).
4) for both, taking the opportunity when they present itself... in electronics and in RE, I had the opportunity to get trainning and
jumped on it
5) YES, consider expanding your skills for your professional toolbox (what I call it), the more you have in there, the more valuable and versital you are. Me for example, I have had so many different types of jobs, some I liked and some I didn't. but the fact that I did them all builds the person that I am today. Now I'm in a position that will really move me forward in life. PM me if you want more info...

Old 11-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Noble Spirit
Veteran

1) I own a record label called " Animal Records" and play drums in a rockband.
2) Work with music, so I'm doing what I want to do.
3) hell yeah!!!!! :-)
4) like the shoe said: just DO it.......... I started it up 8 years ago with my own money and have been working my *** of.
5) same advice I give everyone who asks...... Just do whatever makes you happy... A big *** job doesn't have to make you happy.. might bring a lot of stress,. do whatever you want. it's YOUR life.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:31 PM
[email protected] Squ33

ORIGINAL: LilMzRam

Sweet, you're an electrician? I had briefly thought about doing that, I took a class in high school where we were trained in house wiring and plumbing, and I really enjoyed the electrical part of it. But then I figured I really wouldn't enjoy it, having to work with nasty, pervy men, and the idea of working in attics, or on narrow beams scared the heck outta me. I wired some lights in my ex's garage, and had to lay on top of 2x4's, in the attic, and it scared me, thinking I could fall through! Ok, so I'm a girl..lol. Anyways, I'll let you all get back to topic.
No, I was an apprentice, but I learned a lot fo stuff and I've retained what I've learned and use it quite a bit.

I didn't like going into crawl spaces...I hate spiders..they scare me.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:33 PM
LilMzRam
Record Breaker

Oh yes...crawl spaces, that would freak me out too. But I enjoy doing that, maybe would like to learn a little more, so I can fix that sort of stuff by myself. I don't like to rely on people for anything, including repairs! Anyways....back to topic!

Old 11-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I'm a 1 hour photo manager.
I want to be a professional free lance photographer and a master fiddler.
Half the time yes.
Busting my butt off and not being a slacker.
Save every penny that you can and use your paycheck sparingly.

Karen

Old 11-18-2004, 11:41 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

1. i am a student

2. i would liek to be a stae cop or an environmental cop

3. ehh its ok i get to see al my firends at school

4. passed K,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th, and 8th grade

5. i dont live paycheck -paycheck for obvious reasons im 14 live w/ my parents but this year alone i maneged to put 1G in the bank

Old 11-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Drew
Professional

1) the easy responce is Calibration. . .QAQC stuff. . .actual Job title, Electronic Equipment Measurement Mechanic. what I do, Maintain Chemical and Radiological Detection Equipment, and also work on Digital Counters, O Scopes, Multi meters, test equipment, Night Vision Equipment, and various other equipment.

2) I enjoy what I do, it's not too hard and I have great work hours and wonderful benifits

3) see 2)

4) 3 years of college, went to Bosnia working on communications equipment, and applied for a Civilian Technician possition with the Fed Gov't and got the job,

5) The only thing I owe on is my truck, and I'm fine with that. my little yoda is payed for, and while I do get scalped for rent here, it shouldnt last too much longer. I stayed away from the credit cards and other quick money schemes. the best thing to do is to try and live below your means. Ive been doing that for a few years and had enough stashed away to get the payments right where I wanted them for my truck. as soon as I get out of this apartment and get a more pernament dwelling, I'm going to try and dabble in real estate. you cant go wrong investing in land.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:53 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: SRT_YA

AHHH... I went to KU... just finished with my ME degree with an emphasis on Powertrain... AHHH!!! RUN!!! STAY AWAY FROM FLINT!!! AHHH!!!!

why i wanna go there, and hopefully meet micheal moore at a mcdonalds so i can tell his fat *** off. even though flint sucks kettering prepared u well didnt they

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: