Credit Cards Companies... - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Credit Cards Companies...

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Credit Cards Companies...

Old 11-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Snafu
Default Credit Cards Companies...

MBNA SUCKS. I've had this credit card for about 5-1/2 years now. My bill was always due on the 24th of the month. Over the past year or so they've been moving the due date up at least a day every month. I've gotten burned by it once or twice in the past, but I just got nailed by it again and I'm pissed. I pay my bill online, and they take 2 freaking days to process and electronic payment. I log on last week Thursday to pay it, and it's due the 14th!!! I post my payment on the 11th. Veteran's day is a holiday, so no business. They enter my payment on the 12th to wait 2 business days. The 14th is a SUNDAY, so the payment that I posted ELECTRONICALLY on the 11th didn't clear until the 16th, and I got nailed with a $40 late fee. [:@] I've been trying to post payment at the begining of the month to avoid this, but after paying the bill by the 24th for 4-1/2 years, it's hard to adjust. Bastids anyway.

Just had to vent. Who else has had bad experiences with credit card companies jacking you around?

Old 11-19-2004, 12:51 PM
moparturd
Banned
Default RE: Credit Cards Companies...

I just switched from Capital One to MBNA. Cap. one decided they would just change my interest rate without mentioning it. Really pissed me off since there was no default or other reason for them to do so. Jumped from 8.9 to 14.9 overnight. they said they just do that. I told them the lost my business after 4 years because of this.

Credit Cards suck. I will have my card paid off after Christmas, and from that point on I'll have the money to pay for it that billing cycle. They are the rope that many hang themselves with.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Snafu

Yup. At the rate I'm at now it'll be paid off in January. I lived off it for a while in college, and I'm still paying for it 4 years later. But I've gotten myself straight with budgeting and responsible use of credit.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:39 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Discover keeps sending me "blank checks" for my "holiday shopping".

At 21.9% interest????

No thank you.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:48 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

i put the memo of all of my credit cards as F-YOU.

Old 11-19-2004, 01:49 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Discover keeps sending me "blank checks" for my "holiday shopping".

At 21.9% interest????

No thank you.
Nice I can one up that though. In one day, repeat one day, my wife and I got four checks in the mail. One for 86K, one for 47K, one for 10K and one for 8K. Over 150K worth of preapproved checks, all we had to do was sign them. I read them, out of curiosity and did not find any indication of what the interest rate would be. Needless to say they all went into the shredder. Hell, I could have cashed them, sold all my possessions and moved to Mexico with over 300k in my pocket

Old 11-19-2004, 01:59 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Yes MBNA is the worst, I had their card with that nice intro rate of 9.9% within a 2 years it went to 27% and I was never late on a payment, but because my credit wasn't the greatest they said they could do that.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Snafu

Yah, my interest rate is rediculous too. I'll still use it, but I'll be paying the entire bill every month starting in January, so they won't get any interest from me.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:26 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

I was doing fine until they did that, that is why I ended up going through a credit card counseling service and now the rate is 9.9 again. I can't use the card anymore but that is fine by me. F'them. But they also made it real hard to get on the service, so I was getting ready to declare bankruptcy which I didn't want to do, but hey if they want to rip me off and not work with me, then f'them, they won't get sh*& from me.

my advice to anyone. DON"T GET MBNA.

go to google and type in "MBNA SUCKS" and you will see alot of sites where people bash them, If I remember there was groups trying to get a class action suit against for their practices,

Old 11-19-2004, 02:50 PM
futSRT8owner

I wouldn't disagree with you. Credit cards do suck. However, I've had good luck w/ MBNA. I have two cards with them, one at 6.9%fixed and the other at 7.9%fixed. I have a system with them where I just go to my bill paying system and just enter a payment amount and 2 days before the bill due date, the fund gets transfered to MBNA. Its worked out so far the the past 2 yrs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Credit Cards Companies...

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: