Gamers - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Gamers

Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Gamers

Yea i cant say too many games make that much of a problem... I agree it has to help with hand eye cordination... i do not play very often thogh.....

Old 12-05-2007, 01:17 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

but in comparison to playing actual sports, the benefits of video games are slim.

ORIGINAL: hokiefan104

Pac-Man taught me to run around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills while listening to repetitive electronic music.
Dont forget about eating ghosts.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

but in comparison to playing actual sports, the benefits of video games are slim.

Pac-Man taught me to run around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills while listening to repetitive electronic music.
Only when blinking of course!!!!

but the benenfitst of real sports are definitely much more benificial than video games as far as health and everything but there are still more benefits to video games than people credit... how many murders were comited because of an influence they had during a video game vs. how many times did some1 try to use that as an excuse for something they've done...

Old 12-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Burnnout
All Star

^^+1 Video games are just used as a scape goat........ I have learned lots of things from playing games, expecially when I was younger.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:39 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 02Dakota06Yamaha

NFS made you want to drive fast? Not me, I wanted to drive fast once I got my license, and I did, and I learned from my mistakes. I got taged for a 104 in a 60, in my 96 Sport Coupe Neon.

Rob people? Never, being a kid and seeing it happen to you is not fun. Its a nasty feeling.

Naw those were examples if anything NFS wanted me to check out body kits for my car, and GTA SA made me want play it all day.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

Only when blinking of course!!!!

but the benenfitst of real sports are definitely much more benificial than video games as far as health and everything but there are still more benefits to video games than people credit... how many murders were comited because of an influence they had during a video game vs. how many times did some1 try to use that as an excuse for something they've done...

Yeah! I remeber when Goldeneye 1st came out 4 N64, as well as GTA 3. They said it promotes violence never in my life have I played a gain that made me want to kill sum1 nor anything for that matter. I laugh sydistically if anything, exspecially when I found out what Proximity mines were!! Great Times!!

I've Learned about performance parts from Gran Turismo, I wasn't sure if they wer realy and did my own research on them. I learned something from Metal Gear for ps1 but forgot what, and most importantly Frogger taught me what happens if you don't loook both ways

Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Lil Blue322
Veteran

me and my father are long time gamers for the resident evil series, and I havent ever felt the need to go and kill nebody

For x-mas i asked for the Wii, and the resident evil games for it, nebody play these yet and are they ne good on the Wii?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:10 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

[quote]ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

You have obviousley never played wii boxing, if you get into it it not only gets you up and moving by punching using the controllers and bending side to side to avoid being hit but also helps with your hand eye cordination too.... Now I will take a good game of football at the park over it any day of the week but in all fairness playing the wii actually gets you up and moving around instead of just sitting on your butt in a comfy chair

Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

playing video games kept me out of trouble and it helped me become better in school somehow. i dont know how though. i quit playing video these past few years and ive been doing below average in school and dont have an interest in many things in life... i think i should start playing again.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

ORIGINAL: truckin151

You have obviousley never played wii boxing, if you get into it it not only gets you up and moving by punching using the controllers and bending side to side to avoid being hit but also helps with your hand eye cordination too.... Now I will take a good game of football at the park over it any day of the week but in all fairness playing the wii actually gets you up and moving around instead of just sitting on your butt in a comfy chair
lol at Wii boxing. When I want a workout that involves punching, I go punch the punching bag or spar a friend. When I want to relax and sit on my butt and play video games, that's exactly what I do.... relax, sit on my butt and play video games.[/align][/align]I say go outside and get a real workout, punch the bag, lift the weights, go for a run, play some basketball. My XBOX is for sitting on my butt and relaxing.[/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gamers

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: