anyone here have a Wii - Page 4 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

anyone here have a Wii

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

anyone here have a Wii

Old 12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Default RE: anyone here have a Wii

I probably will never get a ps3, all of the games that I would like to play that are on ps3 are also on the 360, and after being dicked around by sony with my ps2's (all 5 of them) I'm not going to bother with sony anymore. On all 5 of the ps2 I bought the lense on all of them went bad and everytime I sent it in to be repaired I got some message saying that they were unable to replace the lence due to technical difficulties, I'll try to find the last invoice they sent me but it was just f***ing stupid. The last one that went bad on me I fixed it myself via metal baseball bat.... So they all have their problems every system does.

One of the good points about the wii though is thier online play is free, it only costs if you download games so thats a deffinate plus there.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

ORIGINAL: truckin151

I probably will never get a ps3, all of the games that I would like to play that are on ps3 are also on the 360, and after being dicked around by sony with my ps2's (all 5 of them) I'm not going to bother with sony anymore. On all 5 of the ps2 I bought the lense on all of them went bad and everytime I sent it in to be repaired I got some message saying that they were unable to replace the lence due to technical difficulties, I'll try to find the last invoice they sent me but it was just f***ing stupid. The last one that went bad on me I fixed it myself via metal baseball bat.... So they all have their problems every system does.
Oh look Sony has problems too. I've always heard of the bad lenses. Comparing the original XBOX and the PS2, the PS2 was the one with problems.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

but do they have the extreme ratio of failure issues? also, i would say that it is worse to have a newer system with problems...some sony units had problems, and they fixed the issues...microsoft doesnt bother to fix the issue, and thats what bothers me...

Old 12-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Microsoft did fix the issue and will fix it for you when it happens. But there were still units out there that werent fixed. What are you talking about?

The Sony/Microsoft argument gets stupid. This guy doesnt want a PS3. It's between the 360 and Wii and I say 360.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:26 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

between 360 and wii go 360. too bad the ps3 isnt an option

Old 12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

You know I knew I shouldn't have mentioned anything about the problems I have had with my game systems, I jinxed myself..... I have one of the original 360's that first came out and last night I come home and turn it on to watch a movie and this nice RED ring shows up on the consol[:@], called the xbox customer support and talked to this hindu guy for about a half hour or so,his exact words after I told him that I was seeing a red ring when I turned on my 360 was "Oh no, I'm so terribly sorry", the good news though is thatthey took down my information, they are sending me a UPS package over night for the unit, all shipping paid, and it should take about 2-3 weeks to get it back free of charge.....

Old 12-20-2007, 09:08 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i dont think that the Wii is really competition for the 360 or the ps3...its really a different type of gaming system... if it were to be my ONLY console system, and i had to pick between the wii and the 360, i would also take the 360...

Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

fyi..for anyone hard upto get a Wii before Christmas. I will be listing one on Ebay (for a friend) tonight. He will have a "buy it now" price of $350.00 with free, overnight shipping so it arrives before Christmas. This will be a quick auction that will end around midnight tonight so that I can get the money in his paypal account and he can get it shipped out. I know I honestly wouldn't give more than retail for one ($250) but there are a whole lot of people out there that "absolutely" have to get one now. I have one already and he just stumbled onthis oneat a Target in Columbus today. Target was unpacking about 20 of themwhen he walked in. Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can send a link to the auction when I list it this evening.

If this were mine... I would be more than happy to sell to somebody on here at cost as I already have one but it isn't mine to sell!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-In-Box-Wii-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-20-2007, 07:11 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

350 is still an amazing price for ebay...if i hadnt gotten one, i would have bought it. my thoughts if we were to get more than one, was to sell it for 350...as it would undercut the people who are posting them at 600...but i would make money for sitting in the snow, but i didnt bother getting two tickets...i didnt want to make someone be the person who didnt get one, so i could make money on ebay.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: