New tool box *Updated* - Page 3 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

New tool box *Updated*

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New tool box *Updated*

Old 12-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Default RE: New tool box

You got a nice shop going there.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

i only have a smaller craftsman compressor that my dad got me for christmas last year. it does a good job when working on the cars, but it doesnt have enough steady pressure for air tools like a dremmel...but its great for short bursts.
right now, i have to use a small one, as it goes inside when im not using it (no garage right now), but your best bet is to keep an eye out for shops closing, and seeif they wont make a deal on commercial grade compressors...[8D]

Old 12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i only have a smaller craftsman compressor that my dad got me for christmas last year. it does a good job when working on the cars, but it doesnt have enough steady pressure for air tools like a dremmel...but its great for short bursts.
right now, i have to use a small one, as it goes inside when im not using it (no garage right now), but your best bet is to keep an eye out for shops closing, and seeif they wont make a deal on commercial grade compressors...[8D]
Yeah I know it. When I did the head gasket on my neon mine had enough power to get things like the exhaust manifold and intake manifold bolts in, it just could not torque them at all, lol. At the shop in Florida, we've got a 100 gallon tank with a 75 gallon tank attached to it, we just put a brand new motor on it too and that thing is a beast. Its got lines stationed everywhere around the shop and you NEVER have to worry about it running out of air.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:19 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

ya, your best bet is to wait for a buisness to go under and buy their compressor off them. thats what I plan to do next year. I just have a small 5hp compressor that cant keep up to anything. a bigger compressor and a welder is what i'm saving up for. torches would be nice too.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:14 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain

Looks bad ***. All my tools are in the truck box I took off the Ram to try and save some gas. The damn thing weighed like 300#.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New tool box *Updated*

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: