drugs in baseball. - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

drugs in baseball.

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

drugs in baseball.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Default drugs in baseball.

i mentioned this in another thread, but its a hot topic, and i know that we do have some baseball fans here...im curious as to what everyone thinks.

curt schilling is talking trash, so is john smoltz...and im not sure that i dont believe clemens.

with barry bonds, he was a skinny little douche when he played for the pirates...more of a speed guy. and he becomes huge? i understand that people grow, but come on...clemens on the other hand, has always been a moose. like, i will see pictures of bonds with the pirates early on, then of him with the giants, and think "holy crap hes huge"...but i dont see that with clemens at all. but smoltz is right....if i was accused of something that would ruin my rep as being a legend in my sport, and i wasnt guilty, i would have lawyers lined up the sue people!

Old 12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran
Default RE: drugs in baseball.

i think if ur in baseball u should be required to take roids, b/c i like seeing home runs and fights LOLLOLOLOL

Old 12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Nofrag
Champion

Hate to say this about your national pass-time, but baseball has become as fake as wrestling.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i dont know that i would call it "fake"...the game isnt staged...its just modified to make it more interesting.

youre just mad because we took away the expos...

Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio

Steriods is MLB's fault, they did not have testing in place. HGH, there is no way to tell and is NOT MLB's fault.

As a commoner I do not fault those borderlineplayers for seeking that edge if they think they can get away with it. It could mean the difference between 600K and 10 Million. There are more people in this world that would bend the rules a little for 10 million dollars then there are who would not.

Since most of this is greed driven it is a easy fix. All players at any given position are paid the exact same$$. If a player refuses to play for that $$ then screw em. Someone else would be happy to step in and play. Of course the union would not go for this, so out with the union and if they players walk, out with them. Once these players figure out playing baseball for 500K is better than working in a steel mill or behind a desk for 100K they will be happy to play.

In turn fans could then go and enjoy a game for $10 a ticket.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:11 PM
toxdoc
Veteran

94rt10ohio,

I've been a baseball fan for a long time and yes I remember when you could see a GOOD game for 10 bucks or less. Guess I'm more of a purist when talking baseball since I prefer daytime ball on real grass and no designated hitter.
There are many more teams in today's game which is certainly dollar driven but really no more superior ballplayers in numbers than we had at the 10 dollar ticket level. There are professional players now that hit .200, make more errors than you can count and play only half a season because of a hang-nail.
These guys couldn't evencarry the jock of most of the players froma team ofthe 50's, 60's or early 70's. Parity is great isn't it!

Just my observation and opinion on the current status of a sport that I enjoy but enjoyed more at another place in time.
Enough of the ranting***

Thanks,
toxdoc

Old 12-20-2007, 07:16 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

im not saying that they arent overpaid, considering some of their attitudes, but baseball fans...think of your favorite team...now your favorite player on that team.

im not a huge baseball fan, but im a big football fan...so i try to look at it from that angle. say that this happened in the NFL, and they named jerome bettis as using HGH. ive been a big fan of the bus as long as he was in pittsburgh, and i have a jersey. if he was mentioned as an HGH user, or any other substance that isnt tested for or banned by the NFL, im not outraged...at all. i hear about people who are tearing clemens posters off walls or burning jerseys...and i wouldnt do that..i just wouldnt care that much. maybe im dishonest? maybe i care more about what i SEE on the field than the nonsense that goes on behind the scenes...

Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 PM
finny
All Star

i dont really like watching the old guys play it all just comes down to money i like sports at the college level.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker

never surprised me.. they may as well just kill the MLB , legalize steroids, and make the SLB. new records which wont tarnish the likes of babe ruth and the rest of them.

this kinda reminds me of that one episode of futurama when they're talking about baseball.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:40 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

OMG are you serious there are drugs in baseball. wtf im shocked. what about the intregity of the game?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: drugs in baseball.

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: