$1,000 fine for propping door open - Page 3 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

$1,000 fine for propping door open

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

$1,000 fine for propping door open

Old 12-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: $1,000 fine for propping door open

government schools and your tax dollars at work. . .next time you look at your paycheck, just think to yourself. . .oh the wonders of stupid regulations only enforcable by the idiodic, and set down by moronic law makers that you copntinue to support through your siezed contributions to society.

/I want my social security ripoff money back

Old 12-09-2004, 02:07 AM
[email protected] Squ33

No, you are thinking of an egress door. That is a security function. The piezo screems when you bump the crash bar to alert the staff that someone is trying to enter/exit a door they are not supposed to be. Generally you push on those for 15 seconds then the magnet releases and you can go out. But it alarms the door and a panel near the main entrance.

I have not seen any buildings with fire doors that are equipped with piezos. I've seen them on egress doors though. But you never know. It might only be in certain jurisdictions.

Most fire doors don't say anything. And the ones that can be propped open will ahve a magnetic door holder.

Old 12-09-2004, 02:13 AM
[email protected] Squ33

ORIGINAL: Drew

government schools and your tax dollars at work. . .next time you look at your paycheck, just think to yourself. . .oh the wonders of stupid regulations only enforcable by the idiodic, and set down by moronic law makers that you copntinue to support through your siezed contributions to society.

/I want my social security ripoff money back
How is saving lives stupid? These rules, regulations and laws are in place for a reason. Mainly because of death.

If you could be forced into a situation where you had to get from one side of a hallway to a stair well across from you but had the fire doors blocked open you'd see that it'd be nearly impossible due to the fire and smoke. But if you were given the same opportunity with the doors closed it'd be much easier to escape the fire. The doors are only there to buy time and slow a fire so you can escape. Fire doors will not put out a fire. That is not their intended function. Their function if to slow and incapacitate a fire so you can live.

Its the lack of education that makes it stupid.

Sometimes I wish I could borrow our training equipment from the office. It would be so neat to put people who complain about being safe into one of our burn buildings to show them how stupid being unprotected really is.

Old 12-09-2004, 02:25 AM
Drew
Professional

I'm just a bit peeved at the schools in my area right now, and this just capped it off. . .a girl was expelled for the rest of the year for bringing jell-o to school. . .JELL-O!!! then another parent is requesting that her daughter be put into a private school at the governments expence cause she has some sort of illness that 'made' her put cleaning agents into a cake and feed it to her classmates knowing it would send them to the hospital.

I know the reasons behind placing fire prevention and fire supression devices in certian areas and also fire breaks (doors). However, in all the buildings where I work the fire doors are marked fire doors and state the reasons why they cannot be proped open.

alright, I'm going to bed. . .I think the lack of sleep for the past month is getting to me and I'm linking things together that have no correlation to each other. it's amazing what only getting 2-3 hrs of sleep a night for a month straight will do. . .I dont have any dead lines, I dont have anything pressing, I leave my work at work. . .oh well. . .time for more insomnia

Old 12-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Snafu

ORIGINAL: Crazy Squee

Its a door. You can give it any fancy name you want but a door to prevent fire from spreading is a door none the less. The door or as you call it "barricade" does not have to be clearly marked. Its job is to close in the event of a fire to keep the fire from spreading.

Good God I used to think you where somewhat intelligent. The door in question here is NOT a f*($ing FIRE door, it is NOT intended to stop FIRE. It is to stop the spread of SMOKE. Any door will do this. It is not made of special materials because it is NOT meant to stop FIRE, only the spread of SMOKE. This is why it's a stupid fine.

[sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif]

And obviously the teacher in question was NOT informed by anyone that this was a special door, so any punishment should rightly come to her superiors who neglected to properly train her.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

[sm=sigh.gif] Lack of communication... I know that all too well!

Karen

Old 12-10-2004, 02:11 AM
redriderbob
Champion

Same amount for a fine if we left one of our restricted doors open to patients at our nursing home!

redriderbob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $1,000 fine for propping door open

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: