'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!' - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!'

Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!'

Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
handymanherb
Banned
Default 'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!'

'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!' Posted by Bobby Eberle
May 23, 2008 at 6:03 am
>> Printer-Friendly Version

In another case of politicians not having a clue what's really going on in this country, an interesting exchange took place in Washington this week. Three Democrat legislators spoke to reporters about what they claim is "anti-immigrant coverage" by conservative media outlets. Apparently, they think floods of illegal aliens crossing into America and the crime and violence at the border are just overblown incidents developed by conservatives to attack our neighbor to the South.
After they spoke, the Democrats were asked if they realized that the State Department had issued a "travel alert warning Americans about military-like 'combat' along the southern U.S. border in Mexico, where Americans are being kidnapped and murdered." None of the legislators knew about it.

As reported by Cybercast News Service, when asked about the alert, Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) said, "I haven't heard about the report specifically."
Reps. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and Hilda Solis (D-CA) also spoke to Cybercast News Service and said "they had no knowledge of the travel alert but were aware of the volatility along the U.S. southern border."
Volatility? Americans are being killed and yet all these liberals want to do is pander! The State Department alert states that "violent criminal activity fueled by a war between criminal organizations struggling for control of the lucrative narcotics trade continues along the U.S.-Mexico border." Although the alert states that the attacks are primarily aimed at "members of drug trafficking organizations, Mexican police forces, criminal justice officials, and journalists," the alert goes on to state that "foreign visitors and residents, including Americans, have been among the victims of homicides and kidnappings in the border region."
[blockquote]
Armed robberies and carjackings, apparently unconnected to the narcotics-related violence, have increased in Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez. Dozens of U.S. citizens were kidnapped and/or murdered in Tijuana in 2007. Public shootouts have occurred during daylight hours near shopping areas.
Criminals are armed with a wide array of sophisticated weapons. In some cases, assailants have worn full or partial police or military uniforms and have used vehicles that resemble police vehicles.[/blockquote]
Side note: In the California area where Rep. Duncan Hunter had a border fence built, crime and drug activity went DOWN!

In the Cybercast News Service interview, Rep. Solis expressed her concern about "the murder of women" but added, "I'm more concerned about people having their civil rights violated here.

" More concerned about the civil rights of law-breaking illegal aliens than Americans being the targets of violence and murder? Just exactly what country do you represent?

According to Cybercast News Service, "Speakers at the briefing said that CNN and Fox News Channel should be held accountable for television personalities who have 'played major roles in creating this anti-immigrant hysteria.'" Let's send that message to the Americans who are victims of border violence... I'm sure they'll find comfort in it.[/align]

Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: 'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!'

Laredo, Texas is like a war zone. Nobody in their right mind goes near the border towns anymore which makes matters worse, since the towns relied a great deal on tourist money. It's all driven by drugs and spilling over to the US side on occasion. The drug wars in San Antonio were bad enough, I got tired of hearing gunshots in the middle of the night........[:@]

Dusty

Old 05-23-2008, 11:20 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

wow!! border towns and murder? who woulda thought then again, look at the names of those politicians. theyre mexican. of course the will fend for their own. who wouldnt? the war is worse than this. so i see you still have a huge 'anti-immigration' stick shoved up your ***.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:26 AM
RamItOne

shocked nuevo Laredo wasnt mentioned. Pretty bad when the town gets shut down and have to have the federalies try to take it back.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:41 AM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

so i see you still have a huge 'anti-immigration' stick shoved up your ***.
Nice try, no just illegal immigration, my truck is from mexico, but no one had to sneak it in to the USA, why don't you ask someone who went through the process to do it the right way, what they think about your views.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Doing it "the right way" can take a decade and lots of money that most people down there obviously don't have.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:37 PM
tresvn
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Shibby927

Doing it "the right way" can take a decade and lots of money that most people down there obviously don't have.
Not to be a dick ,but with that thinking when my truck breaks down is it ok to go steal one? I mean it will take me a long time to save the money to do it "the right way". I know it's a strech but new truck = $50,000 , somebody that sneaks in to the country and gets locked up or hospitalized = $???? . Not that different now.I understand things may be bad where they are from but our sitiuation isn't
all that great now either

Old 05-24-2008, 01:57 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

where Americans are being kidnapped and murdered
Thats funny i cross the border just about every mounth night or day never had any problems.

If you fell so bad aboutthis join border partol and quit crying about it. Every week to start the same old post about immigation and i dont konw about everone else but to me its getting really old.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:11 PM
RamItOne

12 volt, if I remember correctly from another post, you're not white, but you are Mexican or Latino, if I am remembering correctly, I think there's a difference when a non white or black American goes down there vs an American thats of Mexican heritage.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:23 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: RamItOne
I think there's a difference when a non white or black American goes down there vs an American thats of Mexican heritage.
yeah big difference, they treat you worse because you have something that they wish they had. Its like eating candy at a diabetics convention.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 'Trouble at the border? I had no idea!'

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: