OMFG please help quick!! - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

OMFG please help quick!!

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

OMFG please help quick!!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default OMFG please help quick!!

Where in the hell can I find an 80 gig PS3? I called every walmart, best buy, circuit city, etc. in South Florida and NW Ohio, and I cant find ****. No ebay either.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:03 PM
RedSS454
Veteran
Default RE: OMFG please help quick!!

Google says it's discontinued? I'm not big on video games, but thats what I came up with when I googled 80GB PS3.

Chris

Old 07-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

It is.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Screw it, I bought the 40 gig PS3, Rockband bundle, and GT 5. Should make him happy. His 6 month old PS2 broke, and he has about 75 PS2 games, so thats why I wanted the 80 gig. I am hoping, we can send back his PS2 and have it fixed so he can play his PS2 games, if not he can always buy a refurbished PS2 from gamestop for $80.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

I was in the same boat about 3 weeks ago looking for the metal gear solid 4 80gb ps3 bundle. Couldn't find one anywhere in the State of Iowa, so I bought a 40gb too. It's not worth it, if you can return it do so and spend the little bit of extra money to get a 60gb or even an 80gb on Ebay you'll be so much happier with it. Wally world told me when I bought the 40gb that they would not be getting anymore 80gb systems and about a week and a half later sure enough they had one 80gb bundle sitting on the shelf. The electronics guy at Wally remembered me and let me exchange my 40gb for the 80gb which he wasn't supposed to do so I got lucky.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Shibby927

I was in the same boat about 3 weeks ago looking for the metal gear solid 4 80gb ps3 bundle. Couldn't find one anywhere in the State of Iowa, so I bought a 40gb too. It's not worth it, if you can return it do so and spend the little bit of extra money to get a 60gb or even an 80gb on Ebay you'll be so much happier with it. Wally world told me when I bought the 40gb that they would not be getting anymore 80gb systems and about a week and a half later sure enough they had one 80gb bundle sitting on the shelf. The electronics guy at Wally remembered me and let me exchange my 40gb for the 80gb which he wasn't supposed to do so I got lucky.
Whats so bad about the 40, other than the fact you cannot play PS2 games?

Old 07-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

To a lot of people, thats bad enough to not want one.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Nofrag
Champion

Let me also tell ya that the HD fills up quick. Most games require install(3-5gb each game). Fortunately though, you can swap the HD to any 2.5 inch sata. I want to get a biggun so I can use it as a true media center with all my series seasons and movies.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Reasons not to buy a 40GB PS3

1. HDD too small.
2. No SD Card Ports
3. Only 2 USB Ports compared to 4 on 60GB and 80GB
4. Comes with standard Sixaxis controller, 80GB Comes with Sixaxis with Dualshock Vibration.
5. Is not backwards compatible with any PS2 games
6. Not a big deal, but doesn't have the chrome trim that the 60GB and 80GB have so it doesn't look quite as sleek.
7. For the all the stuff that it doesn't have it only costs $100 less than the 80GB Bundle if you can find it in a store.

If I were you I would seriously consider trying to return it as defective and then get on ebay and spend the extra to get the 80GB Metal Gear Bundle, it will be more expensive but in the end its well worth it as you are getting a better system with a hard drive twice as big, the better controller, all the ports, and backwards compatibility as well as a new copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 which is awesome in itself.

You might even call around to your local Gamespots, EB Games, Gamers, Toys R Us, Target, or Wal-Mart to see if you can snag one. Gamestop had some recently here in Des Moines so I think if you look hard enough you might be able to find one.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Shibby927

Reasons not to buy a 40GB PS3

1. HDD too small.
2. No SD Card Ports
3. Only 2 USB Ports compared to 4 on 60GB and 80GB
4. Comes with standard Sixaxis controller, 80GB Comes with Sixaxis with Dualshock Vibration.
5. Is not backwards compatible with any PS2 games
6. Not a big deal, but doesn't have the chrome trim that the 60GB and 80GB have so it doesn't look quite as sleek.
7. For the all the stuff that it doesn't have it only costs $100 less than the 80GB Bundle if you can find it in a store.

If I were you I would seriously consider trying to return it as defective and then get on ebay and spend the extra to get the 80GB Metal Gear Bundle, it will be more expensive but in the end its well worth it as you are getting a better system with a hard drive twice as big, the better controller, all the ports, and backwards compatibility as well as a new copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 which is awesome in itself.

You might even call around to your local Gamespots, EB Games, Gamers, Toys R Us, Target, or Wal-Mart to see if you can snag one. Gamestop had some recently here in Des Moines so I think if you look hard enough you might be able to find one.
NOBODY has one, I tried every toysrus, gamespot, ebgames, target, walmart, gamcrazy, best buy, circuit city, and any other place you can imagine in South Florida, and NW Ohio.

We arent too hardcore of gamers, I am sure the 40GB HD will be big enough, the SD card ports dont really bother me, and why do I need more than 2 USB ports? Dont get me wrong, if I found one, just ONE 80GB, I would have bought it, but on ebay everyone is price gouging, and its not really worth it to me, and this way he has it today, on his birthday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OMFG please help quick!!

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: