Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

My cherished oldsmobile, now someones beater

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

My cherished oldsmobile, now someones beater

Old 01-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Nates_expresso
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cherished oldsmobile, now someones beater

Ugh, I know this is a dodge forum, but I kinda wanted to vent my frustrations a bit. I'm not dirt poor, but I'm not rich either. I'm in the Army Reserves now, and going through collage.

Back before I left for basic, I had a 89 oldsmobile toronado trofieo. It was awesome. Burgandy coupe, SLS rear suspention, leather, a billion way power seats. No rust, no dents, just a great looking car.
It was my first nice car. I was given an old rusty crusty 4WD 1982 f150, this was one heck of a step up from that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t/IMG_0008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t/IMG_0017.jpg

I washed it weekly, and waxed it every other week. It shined like none other. I replaced the ft struts, the brakes, and fixed the hidden headlight doors so they opened and shut correctly. It had a nice history (owned by the superintendant of a school distruct since new untill I bought it, last year of that style, all the options, very well maintained)

Right before I left, my mom had some medical trouble, and we needed some cash. I sold the car for $1300, and I regreated it. Now I know why.
Less then a year later, I sas it today in the walmart parking lot. The headlight doors which I spent so many hours cleaning and adjusting were broken off. The FT chrome bumer has a big dent in it. Both fog lights are broken. There's a HUGE dent in the passengers rear. The antenna's bent. It's starting to rust by the rockers. The SLS suspention is blown. The tires are bald, and the interior's trashed.
I wanted to give the current owner a piece of my mind, and I felt sick to my stomuc too.

Ugh, no matter how I look at it, It's sad that a car like that is just being used as a beater and getting driven into the ground.

~Nate

Old 01-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Its things like that, that has made me decide that when I get rid of my current truck I will probably take it out of state to sell it.. No matter if it comes as a loss.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:31 AM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

I feel your pain. I sold to a couple here in town my 85 Caprice wagon it was loaded, it even had the 3rd row seat. I bought it from the original owner, it was in decent shape no rust 91k on the odometer. This couple said they really wanted the car it was perfect to out fit with hand controls for the wife (she uses a wheel chair). I sold it to them and a week later the husband pulls the motor (which ran like a clock) and junks it and starts talking about making a custom out of it. These kids dont have a pot pi$$ in, that was why I gave it to them for a really great price. Long story short he then went on to trash the body, the car was sold for scrap last month, damn I wish I kept it!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 AM
IowaDak
Banned

I know how you feel. A few years ago I traded my '88 Chevy Silverado to a friend for his '90 Lumina APV. He works construction and needed a truck. I told him I really don't use the truck for anything but driving, and thought it would help him out and he'd get some use out of it. Well a week later he traded it in for a damn conversion van. I was PISSED!!! It was my first truck and I loved it. It got me from A to B with no problems...even in the snow. He told me where he traded it in at, so one night I drove to the lot and said my good-byes too it. I knew that some peice of white trash or a kid would get it and trash the hell out of it!

Old 01-04-2009, 02:41 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

The saddest part about getting rid of my old Chevy (which I sold to buy the Chrysler) was that it got incredible gas mileage I was able to drive from Newburgh NY to Ballston Spa NY a trip thats about 135 miles and it used only 4 gallons of gas. I regret selling it.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:15 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

geez I feel old... Ya'll are talking about newer cars to me.. You should see what happened to my 66 Impala adter I sold it:

I miss that car... My wife got it for me for christmas, she put new coil, and full tune up to get it running, did all the body work, and hand painted all the trim herself...

JimK

Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Been there done that, I had an old pickup I spent the better portion of a year or two restoring and sold it to a neighbor down the street cause I needed the extra cash to buy something newer and didn't want to trade it in as I would have only got half of what my neighbor paid me for it from the trade. Not even 2 weeks after I sold it to him I walked buy his house only to see my preciouse truck parted out and the body sitting on a flat bed truck ready to go to the dump. He took out the engine, tranny, rear end, and a few other things and was putting them all in his sand rail he was building. I just about cried when I saw it too cause he litteraly took out a torch and cut everything out of the way so he could get to what he needed out of it. The body was cut to hell and back again, all the parts I worked so hard on trying to find, all the body work I did to get it 100% dent/rust free were all just ripped apart or cut/melted off, the body itself wasn't even usable anymore except for a fender and a hood and that was about it... it just made me sick to my stomach... Needless to say from then on I will never sell a vehicle to anyone in my zip code cause I just dont want to see what someone else will do to them.

Last edited by truckin151; 01-05-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
big.bryant
Champion

its always hard to see something that a lot of people consider a baby go to **** when somebody who buys it doesn't care about treating it right... damn shame if you ask me... thats why i am never ever never ever selling my truck just because i couldn't bear to see it used and abused by somebody else

Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

I wish my my mother could understand that, right now the Aries resides in her garage next to her husbands 84 Daytona Turbo which hasn't been been on the road in 23 years. ( I affectionately call her garage "The Garage of Broken Dodges") Every now and then she brings up I should sell the Aries, I keep telling her no, because a) I'll never again find a mint coupe with all the documentation that it has and b) who ever buys it wont appreciate it for what it is.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 AM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

ARIES?? an 87 ARIES?? Holy crap.... That's collectible now??? That's a classic??? JESUS I AM OLD...

WTF happened????? AAKK.... Lord help me......

JimK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My cherished oldsmobile, now someones beater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: