The Heisman... what a joke. - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Heisman... what a joke.

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

The Heisman... what a joke.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Default The Heisman... what a joke.

I can't even stand following the Heisman Trophy anymore. Seriously... Sam Bradford! Are you frikking kidding me?! Hell I could throw 6TDs a game too if I had eight hours to stand in the pocket and throw the ball to wide open receivers. It must be nice to win such a coveted award with minimal effort and never having had to of played under real pressure all season. I'm sick and tired of watching morons from big schools like USC, Oklahoma, and Florida win a trophy that's supposed to go to the best player in all of college football simply because they go to schools that all of the announcers from ESPN literally get a hard on over everytime someone mentions their names.

Funny how all of these Heisman trophy winners go to the NFL and the vast majority of them aren't worth a damn because they don't have ridiculous offensive lines to let them stand around in the pocket and cook 4 course meals or open up holes that semis could drive through. I would just like to see this trophy go to the best player there is for once, and that person doesn't necessarily have to play for the team that goes to the BCS championship or have an undefeated or nearly undefeated record.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

I think this year was a joke but for a different reason.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

Man. I agree whole heartedly. Its all about face time, not talent anymore. Bradford is an outstanding QB, but the best player in college football? not. Blood thirsty Bob ran his starters all game in obviously in hand games to stack points and look impressive for voters. It worked, OU jumped Texas, A team with an identical record who won the head to head at A neutral site, and Bradford won the Heisman. Even tho he was not the most prolific passer in the NCAA this year.Case Keenum from Houston had better numbers, and did it on a mediocre team. To be that prolific on a weak team is far more impressive than scoring on someone with :25 seconds left in the game so you can hit the 60 point mark.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

You guys are rediculous. I'm don't even know why I post on this pathetic board. Hell my Dodge was pos and I sold it for a real car. Bradford had like triple the touchdowns as Tebow and double the yards yet he wasn't deserving? He set an Ncaa freshman record last year under an average offensive line. The Oline is good but Bradford has made them great. I'm wasting my breath.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

Because I'm right a lot more than I'm wrong. Adrain Peterson will win the rushing title, Utah will beat Alabama, Sam Bradford will win the Heisman, etc. etc. However, nobody seems to want to give it up to me. I guess it will take Oklahoma winning the NC then maybe people will believe I'm not blowing smoke up their ***?

Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Billiam
Champion

More often right then wrong? I call it a lucky guess. Unless you went back in time to get the Sports Almanac....

Old 01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
You guys are rediculous. I'm don't even know why I post on this pathetic board. Hell my Dodge was pos and I sold it for a real car. Bradford had like triple the touchdowns as Tebow and double the yards yet he wasn't deserving? He set an Ncaa freshman record last year under an average offensive line. The Oline is good but Bradford has made them great. I'm wasting my breath.
If you feel that way...

I'd rather talk sports with PGH.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

Hey, I gave Bradford his kudos, I said he was a great QB, but I dont think he is the best QB this year, much less the best player in college football. Both Harrell and Keenum have better numbers. Bradford would have to throw for 600 yards in the nat champ game to catch either one of them. What about Donald Brown from UCon, rushed for over 2000 yards and took his team to their third bowl game in their history? Or Shonn Green from Iowa who rushed for 1800 yards? Shun White from NAVY who rushed for an 8.3 yard average? or Jahvid Best from Cal, rushed for right at 1600 yards and averaged 8.1 yards per carry? Oklahoma is third behind Houston and Texas Tech in average passing yards per game. On the same token, I dont think any of the three that were nominated for the Heisman belonged there. The Heisman is a popularity contest any more, not an award for truely the best player in the sport. To be honest, I dont see how someone can say that any player is the best in college football. How can the best lineman be compared with the best running back, or best reciever or any other position.

Just my opinion, sorry if it upsets you Wishbone

Old 01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
If you feel that way...

I'd rather talk sports with PGH.

Oh man, it MUST be getting bad in here. Lol

Horseapples, I respect your opinions on the Heisman and can see your point. Bradford did however set a few Ncaa records this year and his team became the first in history to score 700 points in a season.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Heisman... what a joke.

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: