New Toy - DodgeForum.com

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New Toy

Old 02-12-2009, 05:13 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Default New Toy

Picked up a Savage .17 HMR the other day after shooting a buddies up in Ga. and really liking it. Really flat shooter!
Just got in the scope for it, should make it fairly easy to pick off small game at long distances, it's a BSA 6x-24x...

Name:  0211091955.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  50.4 KB

Old 02-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

That's quite a scope on that gun, probably about 4x better than the one on my .30-30 I hunt deer with lol

Old 02-12-2009, 08:26 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by HammerZ71 View Post
...should make it fairly easy to pick off small game at long distances, it's a BSA 6x-24x...

I was thinking, I hope Shrp can run like a **** or that Hammers a bad shot...

Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Yeah, nice scope.

Haven't shot one of those yet.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:18 PM
whitealexander
Professional

go three words mate.. "nice long scope".

Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Never had the luxury of shooting one of those supersonic rimfires. The bullet weight is a little light for my likings. Im thinking the slightest breeze will throw the bullet of its course

I do have a 22 mag just like that, except it has the tube style magazine and a 4x-12 leupold varix-2, I love the damn thing. It was made in the 70's and it still pounds tacks at a hundred yards

Old 04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by TheForce55555 View Post
Never had the luxury of shooting one of those supersonic rimfires. The bullet weight is a little light for my likings. Im thinking the slightest breeze will throw the bullet of its course

I do have a 22 mag just like that, except it has the tube style magazine and a 4x-12 leupold varix-2, I love the damn thing. It was made in the 70's and it still pounds tacks at a hundred yards
I never even gave getting one a thought, but during deer season I was up on my property in Ga and taking a day off hunting was crappie fishing the pond. We're having a real turtle overpopulation problem, so we bust 'em as often as we can. It's nothing to see a couple hundred heads up out the water over the 4.5 acre pond in the summer.

So anyway, one is on a log a good 200 yards from the dam where we are fishing, my buddy has one in his truck, parked on the dam, not 15 feet from us, so he says, "here, bust that one with this". I leaned on the window from with the door of his truck open and nailed this softshell, dead in the middle of the back. I had one within two weeks...

Old 04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

Sounds like a winner to me. Its amazing what those little rimfires will do and how efficient they drop game in their tracks

My cousin and I were doing some chores at the farm during deer season and we noticed a deer bedded down in the valley next to us. He didnt think the little 22 mag had enough stuff, So i aimed and put one right between it eyes at about 100 yards. It dropped like it got hit with a 458 win mag, lets just say the chops are in the freezer

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: