Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

BBQ and Wild Game Recipes : Post 'em here...

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

BBQ and Wild Game Recipes : Post 'em here...

Old 03-27-2009, 08:57 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBQ and Wild Game Recipes : Post 'em here...

Last year we had a few posts in OT asking for BBQ recipes and tips, here is the official thread to post your tips, recipes and questions!!
I'll start it off with one of mine.

Spicy Garlic Chicken

you will need:
3 - 4 boneless chicken breasts/ cutlets
granulated garlic
Franks red hot

Heat grill on high while grill is warming:

Cut the chicken breasts in half length-wise and then fillet
sprinkle both sides with garlic
Pour on Frank's

Turn heat to low
Place chicken on grill
cook on each side for about 5 min
Turn over chicken add more hot sauce
cook additional 5 mins or untill done

Last edited by HammerZ71; 11-03-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: renamed thread...
Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Well I guess I get the virgin post!

Here is some samples on Bacon Rapped Beef Tenderloin.........

I seasoned this 8 bad boys that are cut 1 inch tick or better!
I made it easy with the spice.

Made by McCormick, Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning. (Light coating)
Let them sit for about 1 hour on the counter to gently warm some what. (necessary step for large steaks)

Rap with bacon (thick sliced Honey or Sugar cured) around steaks and use toothpicks to hold the ends together like shown. I seasoned them before wrapping and marinated them for the 1 hour on the counter.

ONLY SLOW COOK! Never rush them because they need to slowly rise to temp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep them turned often to avoid flair up's of fire. One way to help is to cut extra fat off.

Name:  100_2568.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  126.3 KB

Next you need a low heat to slowly warm the surface to at least 115 degree's F. to take the smoke if you want to do this step as I did. flipping until surface is ok temp. Be careful to only poke VERY LITTLE because a cut surface allows a weep hole for the great juices to leak out instead of stay in which is one of the biggest steps.

Name:  100_2572.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  113.5 KB

You need to add moisture and I like to utilize a spray bottle to help atomize the smoke for a direct penetration. Others put a try under the steaks with water for humidity. Here you can see the smoke rising to the top were I have moved my babies. I turn off the extra heat while smoking. Fire exhaust will burn up the smoke so only use what you need to keep it smoking.

Name:  100_2585.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  112.2 KB

After smoking you can see the meat turn a red color if you have any penetration as seen here.

Name:  100_2592.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  121.9 KB

These are my babies relaxing on a plate for at least 5 minutes. This is a critical step to let the jukes flow. Meat must release and cutting into it before will leave a harder steak and less juices so you end up with second class. I like 1st class here guys. DON"T break the surface. Let the juices stay inside!!!!!!!!

Name:  100_2596.jpg
Size:  130.7 KB

And here is the dinner plate equipped with natures love.......LOL

Name:  100_2598.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  86.2 KB

Now take a look inside this! If you did it right the inside should be solid red with just a hint of brown on the surface. Inside coldest temperature should be about 135 degrees F.

Name:  100_2606.jpg
Size:  75.2 KB

Now I pulled these with a calibrated thermometer at 135 dgrees F in the middle done by inserting the thermometer sideways into the coldest part of the meat making sure that the sensor was located at the exact middle cold spot (done the correct way).
Now this is how I grill and users take their chances on how they grill (temperatures they use) and how they use their equipment and meat supply is received and processed. I use the top notch temperature monitoring devices and use aged beef. I am VERY careful and use perfection because I am a USDA Meat Inspector.

Now cheers cause I already drank my Whiskey/Coke and now looking at my Beer. Never mind, I drank that and had my grub and let me tell you........OMG!!!!!!

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-29-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
cowgirlc6
Default Rats!!!

Well, I do these for a lot of our BBQ's. I call them "rats" but I suppose you can call them whatever you like, use your imagination. I get a couple of pounds of really nice sized jalapenos. slice them lengthwise down the middle and remove the seeds. You might want to wear a pair of rubber gloves when doing this. Mix up 3 or 4 packages or cream cheese with whatever seasonings you would like in this, you can change them up each time. I like some fresh minced garlic and montreal steak seasonings. Stuff the peppers and then wrap the pepper halves with a slice of bacon. Grill these and until the bacon is crisp and serve them up as appetizers with some ice cold beer. YUM! The grilling takes most of the heat out of the pepper but leaves all the flavor. Oh yea, use toothpicks, one on each end to hold the bacon on.

Last edited by hydrashocker; 05-06-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Durango03
Veteran

Get a large Cake pan or whatever you wanna use. Pour PEPSI in it, enough so it will cover the steaks when you put them in. (Dont put them in yest) Add Worchestire <sp> sauce, Italian dressing, Tareyaki sauce and stir gently. While this is setting up, Trim some of the fat from steak, NOT ALL, just some and poke each side gently (Not all the way through) Now rub with McCormicks dry steak rub. Rub Very well and get into all those holes you just made. Dont forget to wipe the excess up with the Sides of the steak so the whole thing is covered. Now, Slowly drop the rubbed steaks into the marinade. Cover with foil and let sit in fridge for atleast 4 hours. Overnight if you would like. When you put them on the grill you can put the excess marinade in a pot and heat up on your side burner and continue to coat the steaks as their cooking. I just did these a week ago and the taste is Awesome. No need for A1 or Heinze 57 if you know how to cook steaks right!

I also cooked corn on the grill. Soak the corn IN SHUCKS Completely under water for a few hours or overnight. Pull corn out of sink, squeeze excess water out of SHUCKS. Place corn directly on a low/Medium heat grill STILL IN SHUCKS. Let these cook slow. Once the shucks turn Black/burnt. Their more than likely Done. These are the juiciest and most flavorfull way of doing corn. Now you can pull back the husks and use the husk as the handle for eating.

ENJOY!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:37 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator

Nobody is doing anything with this thread? Ok, I'll run with it...

2 venison backstraps cut into butterflied medallions (each back strap should yield between 6 and 12 medallions)
Italian salad dressing
Cane syrup
Fresh jalapeno peppers (1 for each 2 venison medallions)
Cream cheese
Bacon

Marinade venison medallions in mixture of 3 parts Italian dressing and 1 part cane syrup for 1 to 3 days. If meat can not be marinated for that long, tenderizing with a meat mallet will help. Remove stems from jalapenos and split in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins. Fill jalapeno cavity with cream cheese and fold venison medallion around jalapeno. Wrap entire popper with a strip of bacon and secure with a tooth pick. Grill over medium heat to until medium done. Venison can be substituted with wild turkey, chicken, shrimp, duck, etc. and cooked appropriately.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Lazy Cobbler

1 package of yellow or white cake mix
3 cans of fruit pie filling or canned peaches
1 20 oz Sprite or Cream Soda
several pats or dollops of butter

Pour fruit into cool dutch oven
Pour cake mix over fruit and spread evenly
Wet cake mix evenly with Sprite
Distribute butter evenly over top of cake mix

Place lid on oven. Place oven on top of 8 "ready" charcoal briquets. Put 12 "ready" briquets evenly on the lid. Bake for approximately 30 mintues or until cake is nice and brown and cobbler is ready to serve.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:39 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Brunswick Stew

Ingredients
3 - Whole Chickens
2 - Boston Butts, appx. 5 lbs. each
1 lb. - Ground Chuck
3 Gal. or #10 can - Diced Tomatoes
1-1/2 Gal. - Whole Kernal Corn White &
Yellow mixed
1/2 Cup - Apple Cider Vinager
2 to 3 Vidalia Onions chopped (Optional)
Worcestershire Sauce - To Taste
Cayene Pepper - To Taste
Salt - To Taste
Black Pepper - To Taste

Place all meat whole in large stock pot and completely cover with water. Bring meat to a boil on high then turn down to a simmer for appx. 2 hours or until meat is done.

Note: The lower the heat and the longer it cooks the better.

Once the meat is done, strain the stock and set it aside for use later. Let the meat cool and once the meat has cooled enough to handle, de-bone it. Run all meat corn and tomatoes through a grinder twice. Once the grinding has been completed combine the ingredients back into the pot including the apple cider vinager. Add the reserved stock as required for the consistency wanted. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and cayene pepper to taste. Mixture should then be stirred constantly on very low heat for appx. 1 hour prior to serving.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:45 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

This one ain't really for the grill but it's so good it'd make you wanna slap your momma!!!

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 c. mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/2 stick butter, melted
2 tbsp. vanilla
Topping:
1/2 stick melted butter
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. self-rising flour
1 c. chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Pour into buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with topping and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or microwave on high for 10 minutes. TOPPING: Melt butter and stir in brown sugar; add self-rising flour and then nuts. Mix all together and sprinkle over sweet potatoes.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:49 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

and here's another side dish you just gotta have with BBQ:

CRACKLIN CORNBREAD
1 tsp oil
2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons butter at room temperture
3 eggs
1 cup butter milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cracklins 1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 375,Grease 10 inch dutch oven .Place in oven.Place cornmeal in mix bowl add boil water ,mix lightly add butter and stil until butter melt .Beat eggs add milkand salt pour over cornmeal mixture .Stir in baking powder and cracklins.Ppur batter into heated skillet place in hot oven.Bake for 25-30 minutes or until surface is firm to touch

Old 08-29-2009, 07:54 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

And since Dove season is right around the corner:

Grilled Dove & Beer Marinade

INGREDIENTS:
-10 dove breasts
-1/2 cup red wine
-1/4 cup Italian dressing
-1/2 can beer
-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except dove breasts. Then add the dove. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove dove breasts and save the marinade.

Grill dove over medium heat until golden brown.

In a large pot place in the grilled dove and the marinade you saved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes and serve.

Dove Kabobs

dove breasts
bacon
your favorite kabob veggies: onions, pineapple chunks, pepper, shrooms, etc.

Fillet dove breasts.

Wrap each breast or half a breast with a half a slice of bacon. Secure with water soaked toothpicks.

Place on kabob sticks and alternate with your veggies filling up the sticks.

Cook on grill over medium heat turning every 5 minutes until done.

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-29-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BBQ and Wild Game Recipes : Post 'em here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: