Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

for those of you who dont hate GM...

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

for those of you who dont hate GM...

Old 06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Jr. Mechanic View Post
They've had a yellow base sitting at a local dealer for a few weeks now. They aren't allowed to sell it.
HAHA They aren't allowed to sell it because no one has walked in and offered the full price tag.
I remember the last year for the firebirds, and there was a local dealer that had just received one of the last production run transams. A buyer had special ordered the damn thing. While the semi was coming out of Kansas City, there was some guy behind him and saw that trans am. This guy followed the semi over 200 miles to the dealership and offered the dealer 10K over the price tag on it. The dealer sold it in 5 second. Anything, and everything is for sell at a dealership, just has a hidden price tag on it.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

thats not the issue, laramie. the dealership who let me take out their 2010 2LT RS didnt receive any paperwork...no price tag, no owners kit, nothing. they can tell you a price and you can order one, but in the case of the few dealerships ive talked to, the story is the same..

here is why i think GM is doing this. There is incredible demand for the camaro...enough that GM has asked the CUAW to work saturdays and double shifts until later in the year. But at the same time, I think that GM wants to keep some of the V6 models sitting on lots for people to come look at and touch. if they sent paperwork, it would sell right away. when i had my time with the V6 model, someone walked in trying to buy the car while i was there.

if you go to dealerships who have had one sitting around for a while, id bet that the case is the same, and that its a V6 model.

Last edited by BadStratRT; 06-05-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Hmm that's a little different, but I still stand by what I said. They would sell it if someone offered the right amount for it. I know dealers around here sure as hell would.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Nofrag
Champion

Some dealers will use the line that the one on the lot is pre-sold but they can order you one just like it.

Local example lolhttp://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Chevrolet-Its-Here-Brand-New-2010-Chev-Camaro-SS-Blk-Blk-6-Spd-W0QQAdIdZ132897288

Also, I hope nobody here has one on order down in the states, I just saw on the news that a freight train crashed in Oshawa(where Camaros are made), half of the train cars were car carriers. So being that only one car is made there right now, I'd assume they were loaded with Camaros.

Edit; My bad, they actually make impalas there too, but most likely load would be camaros

Last edited by Nofrag; 06-05-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

I am glad you corrected that..... Have 4 family members working at that plant. (Used to make Malibus too) It was a very bad ordeal, but its not like they are worrying too much about it right now with the bankruptcy... This whole deal ended up costing my oldest cousin about 200K with their stock dropping out like it did. Hell I am sitting here pulling my hair out over the $1000 I have sitting in GM right now......

Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

The only good looking Firebirds/Camaro's were the 93-02's... All the others were hideous.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 06-06-2009 at 04:08 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: for those of you who dont hate GM...

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: