Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Look At what I found!!!

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Look At what I found!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look At what I found!!!

Okay, I know this is a Dodge Forum, but I couldn't resist not showing off what I found today.
About 1 pm today, I get a call from a friend of mine. He was at his grandmother's house helping her clean out her deceased husband's garage. He was known to be a gear head, but she really didn't know what all he got into.
My friend calls me and asked if I would come down to the shop and look at some of the old motors that were lying about. I thought what the hell can't hurt going and looking. I had no intention of buying anything..... until I got to snooping around....

I found this laying on the concrete with a blanket thrown over it tucked way back in the corner.
Name:  0606091518-01.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  41.6 KB
Name:  0606091518-02.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  57.8 KB
Name:  0606091518-03.jpg
Size:  52.6 KB
Name:  0606091521-00.jpg
Size:  60.9 KB
Name:  0606091521-01.jpg
Size:  35.3 KB
Name:  0606091649-00.jpg
Size:  57.3 KB
Name:  0606091649-01.jpg
Size:  35.6 KB

For those of you that don't see what kind of motor this is, it is a built 454....

I asked the old woman what she knew about it, and she had no clue. She then proceeded to tell me that if I wrote her a check for $100 That I could take it home!!!!
I don't know very much about this motor yet, but as soon as I get it torn down and cleaned back up, I should know some more details.
Needless to say I didn't hesitate to get it loaded in the back of the truck.
And it didn't take very damn long to get it thrown up on one of the engine stands.

I am still shocked that I caught this. This could very well be the buy of the century.

I'm not real sure yet what I am going to do with it.... have an 1985 Monte Carlo SS that might be begging for it..

Old 06-06-2009, 07:34 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

thats a steal!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

Nice find!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 08:37 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

The Monte will be very happy with its new heart....

Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Yea I'm thinking it would like that.
My mom bought the monte brand new in 85. She daily drove it up until 1994, when the odometer rolled at 60k. When she hit that, the idiot that people tell me is my Biological Father, drained ALL the fluids out of it, and it hasn't been started since. I might not slip this engine in it if the stock 350 will come back to life. I don't know if it will or not.

Am hoping to get the heads pulled off of it sometime next week to see what all this beast has going on with it.
I do know that I am going back this ladies house tomorrow just help her finish cleaning her garage out. It's the least I can do since the more I look at this thing the more higher I see the worth go. That is probably around a 6K motor. I do know at this point that it was setup to run alcohol, so that worries me to have to throw it back into a gas burner.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:15 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

who would drain all the fluids and leta car sit.....

I would definatly go back and help her clean the rest out. who knows what else you will find!!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum View Post
who would drain all the fluids and let a car sit.....

I would defiantly go back and help her clean the rest out. who knows what else you will find!!
lol Like I said he is an idiot. Well to prove my point I had my last name legally changed just because I didn't want to carry his last name. Not to mention he was pretty well known as a chit transmission tech around town..... used to carry a little vile of metal shavings in his pocket just to drum up money....
I just hope that the motor isn't completely seized up.....
And, it's not so much going back to see what else I can find, but more like I feel bad for not paying more for it. Granted, it's not like she is hurting for money; she trades her caddie in every single year for a new one. But I still think it is the right thing to do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Look At what I found!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: