This is why I drive a Dodge - Page 2 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

This is why I drive a Dodge

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

This is why I drive a Dodge

Old 07-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

She wont do it. She....Wont....Do....It.... She loves her chevys.... I fought like hell trying to get her to get the Purple Charger SRT-8 for her play toy, and she loves the hell out of it.
The trucks, she still goes with Chevy. Besides she get employee discounts and a hell of a lot of gimmes from the dealer she goes to. Course that's what you get when you buy 8 different vehicles from the same dealer in 10 years.
Honestly, I think she is only going to be looking at about 7-15K for repairs, on a 45K+ truck. It wont be totaled.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by dodgerules86 View Post
I must be missing something here. Last time I checked, all modern trucks (and cars) are made of razor-thin sheet metal, and they skimp on everything else too. (In other words, I doubt a new Ram would fair much better)
Go push on the door skin of a Chevy, then a same year Dodge... Dodge doesn't use as much sheet metal as they used to but still more than Chevy.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

Ill also add that Vehicle companies also use to much plastic and sh*t like that nowadays and also manage to fill the engine compartment with too much plastic and computer related sh*t, hell if i wanted to i could stand in my 87 Dakotas engine compartment and have my feet on the ground

Old 07-05-2009, 09:24 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

It just like a chevy should be like a rock. Found dead on the side of the road like a rock.

Did she get the kid?

Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 AM
big.bryant
Champion

thats bull**** dude... i hate those guys who gun it in parking lots thinking they are badass and all that crap...

glad to hear she is ok tho

Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

She's good today. The Dealership owner came out personally to talk to her this morning. (I know, she has that dealer wrapped around her finger) and it's about 6500 in damage. All in all she is going to be out 500 and that's all. They said they would rush her's out and have it to her by this friday. (I wish I could find a Dodge dealer around here that would treat us that way)

Old 07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Damn that sucks!

Dont you drive her old Dodge?
P.S Pics of said Purpl Charger....

Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Well it was her's for about a year. It was my Grandfather's... It's a long story on that, you can find it on my car domain page.

I will try to get some pics of her charger the next time I am up there.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Okay, as an update, the initial repair costs came to 13K and some change. Not cheap, but not too bad. After they made those repairs, she took it home, and when I drove it, I found that the frame was tweaked. We haven't got a repair cost on this yet, as they would basically have to give her a whole new truck's "gut" with her body thrown on it. At this point I am pushing her to try to get the truck totaled since with this kind of repair, the trade in value would be worse than it usually would be. If she planned on keeping this truck for the rest of her life, I might not be trying to get her to get it totaled, but knowing that she only keeps any of her daily driver vehicles for no more than two years, it's a must at this point.
The trouble is, in the state of Missouri, legally, a vehicle is considered automatic totaled if total repair costs exceed 50% of the vehicle's current resale value. With the damages at the moment, her percentage is at 41% So far, I haven't been able to find a comparable truck in her trim line that is selling for less than they are. This sucks.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
PurplDodge
Legend

Where are the pics of the Plum Crazy Charger??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This is why I drive a Dodge

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: