Is there an agenda against shooters here? - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Is there an agenda against shooters here?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Is there an agenda against shooters here?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Default Is there an agenda against shooters here?

This is totally crazy and it should make you want to slap the hell out of the liberal idiots in Washington DC from the top, all the way down.

Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of 223 Ammo in America . They sell 9mm, ..45, ..223 ammunition.. They normally buy spent brass from the US Department of Defense. Spent brass is "one time used" shell cases used by our Military for training purposes.

They buy the brass, recondition it, and then reload the brass for resale to Law Enforcement, Gun Clubs, Gun Shops, and stores like Wal-Mart.. They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time.

This week the DoD wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and informed him that from now on the DoD will be destroying the spent brass, shredding it. It will no longer be available to the ammo makers, unless they buy it in a scrap shredded condition (which they have no use for).

The shredded brass is now going to be sold by the DoD to China as scrap metal, after the DoD pays for it to be shredded. The DoD is selling the brass to China for less money than the ammo makers have been paying, plus the DoD has to pay to have the brass shredded and do the accounting paperwork.

This sure helps the economy now doesn't it? Sell cheaper to China, and do not sell at all to a proven US business. Any hidden agenda working here? Liberals going after the Firearms Industry and our ammunition!!
The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of his competitors had already purchased a load of brass last week. The DoD contacted him this week and said they were sending someone over to make sure it was destroyed. Shell cases he had already bought!

The brass has no value to the ammo maker if it is destroyed/shredded/melted. The ammo manufacturer only uses the empty brass cases to reload different calibers, mainly .223 bullets.

The owner of Georgia Arms says that he will have to lay off at least half of his 60 workers, within 2-3 months if the DoD will no longer sell spent brass cases to the industry. Georgia Arms has 2-3 months of inventory to use, by
summer they're out.

If the Reloading Industry has to purchase new manufacture brass cases, then the cost of ammunition will approximately triple, plus Obama wants to add a
500% tax on each shell.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

Someone needs to print out the 2nd Amendment, roll it up, and smack our "leaders" like naughty puppies.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

lib·er·al (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
Doesn't sound very liberal to me.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

You do know why recreational shooters and hunters are getting **** on in this whole deal don't you?

Look at it this way, not everyone lives in the country, or live in the city with access to the country. Not every one grew up in the rural mind set. Hell, I would wager that 95% of our federal government is composed of people that would die if they had to rough it in the wilderness for 5 minutes with out their I-Phones. These people don't harvest their own food, they follow PETA, and instead of killing animals, they go to the store to buy their meat. (Don't get me started on PETA, I could go on for hours) People that have no clue what your passion with hunting does for you. IF they don't understand it, do you honestly expect them to support your right to hunt/shoot? They wont.
Another thing that is hurting you, is the fact that gun control isn't really that strict. I hear countless times every week," We need more gun laws.". I say,"No, we don't need more, we simply need the laws in place to be fully enforced.". IMO, this all stems from street crime. Sure, you get the occasional redneck gone wild shotgun shooting, but that's mild compared to kids that get a pistol and go on a killing spree for their "gang" or any other "righteous" cause.

My point: Until the general community accepts the fact that all ammo consumers aren't out to see the world burn to a crisp, nothing is going to change for the better. Things are only going to get worse.
END

Last edited by Laramie1997; 10-02-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:26 PM
BromR1

Pretty sad but anytime I see 40 and 45 ammo at Walmart for sale i buy it up.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:41 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Are they just increasing the charges on ammo or are they increasing the charges on powder as well? Reason I ask is that I dont do a lot of hunting with standard rifles I perfer to use my black powder muzzel loader rifles instead, so no casings. I also like to go to a few shoots and shoot my flintlock pistol, again no casing. Only thing I really shoot anymore that has a "casing" is my 12ga. for doves.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

we haven't had pistol ammo in any of the stores for months here, and i hope they ain't sold out of 30-30 ammo now, fixing to buy some this week and make sure i'm dead on for yotes this winter.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:14 PM
schusterjo
All Star

Well I don't think this has anything to do with the government being against shooter (although the libs in there like the pres would like to see all of the guns gone) This has more to do with kiss butt to other countries that own us. Got to pay them back someway for the money they have loaned us,(we are in debt to China around a trillion, basically over a 1/4 of Americas GDP) ridiculous trade is going to be the way. LOL like I have always said there is no such thing as free trade for the american people, we buy more goods from other countries then any country buys from us, that is not free, we lose money and jobs that could stay here with such ridiculous trade.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is there an agenda against shooters here?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: