Mercury Marauder or Dodge Charger R/T? - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Mercury Marauder or Dodge Charger R/T?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Mercury Marauder or Dodge Charger R/T?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Default Mercury Marauder or Dodge Charger R/T?

Here it is, I have been looking hard and debating buying a brand new Charger R/T, Than Along comes a 2003 Mercury Maraurder at a Ford lot..

Back when I was on the verge of loyal Ford blue or heres a brand that puts thier name on thier own asortment of problems, I was getting giggy with it for this car...

Now the delima is basicly the price differance, not the performance betwean the two cars.

A charger R/T has more performance, its quicker but the 03 merc rides so much better, the brakes are so much better and its a bigger boat for the buck.

Yes, the marauder is hot rod cop car, and the 32V cobra inspired 4.6 is not a quick car from a dead stop, but on the highway, this car is one hell of a crusier, its fast, stable and rock solid and I have to admit, I like big RWD cars..

I sure I can get the ford dealer to sell the Marauder for 15 grand cdn car has 56,000 Km on it and the othier extream I can't find a dodge dealer that will see me a bare bones 09 R/T for thirty grand cdn

Now I put this here cause I know how loyal Dodge guys are and just asking for some feed back

Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

You are comparing the price of a new dodge to a used ford??? I kinda confused on what you really want to hear here, but I will give it my best shot.

If money is no object, then I would be going for the dodge. It is new, has warranty, and even if you buy bone stock, they are alot of fun to mod and play with. If money is a HUGE factor, then the ford is the way to go. I myself like the look and sound of a nicely modded marauder.

The one thing that I don't like about the marauders are that they are everywhere and have been everywhere for a long time. The charger can be found alot too, but the R/T is thinned out (at least around my parts). South Florida is buzzin with V6 chargers.

You might get more of a response if this was intially posted in the off topic section where it should have and not in the politics section. A mod will be here shortly to move it though for you..

Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Well, I wouldnt buy a Ford Crown Vic or a Mercury Marauder, but I gotta admit, the Marauders do look sharp...

I own a 2004 Grand Prix GTP. It's FWD, 260hp, 280ftlbs of torque....more power then the Marauder, better MPG's, factory supercharged, and you can tune these things all day...not to mention the abundance of performance capabilities while still getting 24-26mpg on the highway...and you can find em for as little as about $10-14k US

Honestly, I'd look to snag a used 300C or a Charger over the Marauder myself....

Old 08-03-2009, 09:40 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Used Chargers and 300 C with the hemi are pushing big bucks in Calgary, I'm not disputing the power and performance of these cars, I have the hemi in my truck and its powerful but not geared for drag racing.

Its going to come down to the all mighty $$$$, Right now I'm using my truck for work and I want a little extra in a car just to play arround with and go to work with, I'm not getting rid of my truck.

I'm the odd duck that likes the crown Vic, mercury marquis, and no, thier not the end all and be all for H/P

Ford let a lot of the Muatang cobra guys down with the 32 Valve 4.6 (same engine in the marauder ) so no dispute betwean 302 H/P and 345 H/P for the hemi in my 06.

I really like the grand prix, but not the new ones, even the 5.3 in the grand prix is a quick car, but GM left out a lot of stuff, higher roof line, and quality that I liked in the 02, 03 grandprix or bonnyvile.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Even the 4.6L HO is not very powerful in a car that size. If you want the Marauder for the comfy ride, that's cool. But that thing can't even compete with a 14 y/o Impala SS. I like the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis style. But I bet the V6 Charger would be a close match for the Marauder. It was Ford's feeble attempt to cash in on the demand leftover from the end of the Impala SS. The REAL Impala SS with the LT1 and RWD.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 AM
big.bryant
Champion

the mauraduer has a ton of potentail tho... i've seen on in a magazine with 430 hp with minimal mods... the 4.6 has game but stock these things suck fat dick

i would go with the R/T... first of all i like the 5.7 way more than the 4.6 and also for the fact that the R/T can come in a MANUAL transmission... which is what you really need when talking about cars of this caliber IMHO

Old 08-04-2009, 02:08 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

I would go for a manual R/T

Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

It would come down to look for me. Actually, looks would have made my decision already. I don't think the Marauder looks good at all and I think the Charger is very sharp.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Dodge does not currently offer ANY manual transmission Charger....not even the SRT-8.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:12 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I personally thought that the Marauder wasn’t that bad of a car when it came out. But to make a decision between a Marauder and a R/T, unless you can’t afford it, I would definitely say to go with the Charger.

Originally Posted by DevilsReject View Post
Dodge does not currently offer ANY manual transmission Charger....not even the SRT-8.
Do they offer the auto-stick in the Charger’s? Not that it’s actually a manual trans, but at least you have some control over what gear you’re in, and you can pretend that it is a manual.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mercury Marauder or Dodge Charger R/T?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: