Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

getting to be that time again.

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

getting to be that time again.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:08 AM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting to be that time again.

1 month away from deer season in illinois and going to get the final stands put up. when do you all start your seasons and when do you get out and hang stands? i like to do it 1 or more months before season oct 1st, this way everything has a month or so to set

Old 08-23-2009, 11:30 AM
MontanaRAM
Captain

duck season for me, going back home for our opening weekend tradition of 40 trucks parked at the refuge, a few big ol bonfires and a few truck beds worth of beer and liquor.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ramhunter9 View Post
1 month away from deer season in illinois and going to get the final stands put up. when do you all start your seasons and when do you get out and hang stands? i like to do it 1 or more months before season oct 1st, this way everything has a month or so to set
No blinds here in CO (for us anyway) Never seen one where we hunt. But we go out scouting the week before to see where the Elk herd is located. Our season starts 2nd week of Oct and lasts 7 days, but Archery and Black powder start anytime and the rifle seasons go until Nov or Dec depending on area, land use and Type of tag. Over the counter, Draw or Land Owner? And they also let the youngsters (under 18) Hunt a lot longer

Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

I usually put the stands up about 1-2 weeks before i hunt do to school and working on the weekend but got some new land to hunt this year and cant get in till 2 week of november but hopefully its enough to pull down a big one for bow season

Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by ramhunter9 View Post
HELL YEAH my stands are already up. The day my parents bought the new property I had my stands up that was in JUNE lol
Where is big buck capital at????? anyways
I'll stick with Benton IL just west Little town called Christopher IL on rt 14 I got a nice bean field and creek running through property

Old 09-29-2009, 05:17 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

i live in menard co but have property in pike co and scott co i hunt.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 PM
pizzo
All Star

your in BIG BUCK country. It must be the water why they are big in pike and scott co. heard that is a good place to hunt

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: getting to be that time again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: