Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Boise State Vs. Oregon End Game Punch!

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Boise State Vs. Oregon End Game Punch!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boise State Vs. Oregon End Game Punch!

Did anybody watch the Boise State v Oregon game last night? If you didn't you missed out on quite an entertaining end to the game. No. 14 Boise managed to knock off No. 16 Oregon 19-8 on Boise's signature blue turf. It was probably one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen as far as execution and just the amount of mistakes being made by both teams especially in the second half, but what stole the night was the way that Oregon starting HB Legarrete Blount acted when taunted by Boise State Defensive End Byron Hout.

If you watch the video which is all over Youtube already, you see Blount take a slight push on the shoulder from Hout who obviously singled out Blount to share a few words with. Boise State Head Coach Chris Peterson then grabs Hout and starts to say something to him and just as he gets him turned away from Blount, Blount reaches over and sucker punches Hout right on the chin knocking him to the ground. Blount then kind of does this dance backwards thing and his teamates come over and grab him. Blount then gets in a shoving match with his own teamates and subsequently as they finally get him to the tunnel to get him off the field he tries to lash out at the Boise State fans who are undoubtedly talking **** to him also. The cops and an assistant coach basically have to take and physically drag him down the tunnel and they finally did manage to get him to the lockeroom.

I must point out the Blount had been talking **** all week long about this game. He specifically made a statement along the lines of "we owe those guys an *** whooping" in reference to last years upset at home in Oregon by Boise State. So personally it's my opinion that if you are going to open your mouth and talk trash to the other team and it's fans all week then you better be able to either back it up, or take it back when you lose. Blount who played like crap the whole game including failing to get a first down on a pivotal 4th and 1 play had no reason to be angry at anyone but himself.

I have to say that I think this kid should get the boot. This is college football and unlike the NFL it's more about sportsmanship and representing the team you play for in an honorable manner. Blount had been kicked of the practice squad during training camp because of behavioral issues and he obviously demonstrated that his behavior hasn't changed one bit. He doled it out all week and when someone called him out on it his response was to lash out with physical violence against a guy who wasn't even looking at him when he sucker punched him.

I think Blount will get the boot. If I was Oregon's new head coach that's what I would do. They need to step up and show that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated in anyway shape or form. I could understand a fight in spring ball or practice or something but never on the playing field of an actual game.

Here's the link to the youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d3K4Gneyj8

Tell me what you guys think.

Last edited by Shibby927; 09-04-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

I bet that there just wrecked his NFL career as well, if he had a chance..

WHAT A TOOL!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Billiam
Champion

Hes a tool. He just got all butt hurt about the better team winning.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

If that happened in Gainesville.... ooohhhh man... or Miami... **** would have gone down.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:00 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Well he was suspended indefinitely for the season, so he's done...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boise State Vs. Oregon End Game Punch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: