Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

we need a new OTM!!!!

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

we need a new OTM!!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we need a new OTM!!!!

HOW ABOUT SIG OF THE MONTH!!!

not voting on the car/truck but the sig in general....like the back drop the graphics ect...i think this would be cool .

what ya think cow-chik????

Old 09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

Good idea in theory, bad in application. Unlike trucks, where the individual owns the work put into their truck, it would be a festival of people trying to photoshop the best sig...which is just the few that know how to use photoshop and have it, or get someone else to chop a sig for em. Not a fair competition IMO.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

If there was to be a sig of the month, there would be a set of very strict guidelines along with a time limit of like a few hours....

More importantly, these people would be required to turn in specific files in order to prove its their work...

Old 09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

ahhh this is what i get for trying lol

Old 09-07-2009, 03:47 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by DevilsReject View Post
If there was to be a sig of the month, there would be a set of very strict guidelines along with a time limit of like a few hours....

More importantly, these people would be required to turn in specific files in order to prove its their work...
I agree with this.

Question is though, how many would be interested in and actually take part in it? Cause I dont really know a lot that have any real knowledge other than the apparent ones that I have seen...

And it would def have to be worked out with all mods and a bunch of stuff...

IF anything like this would ever take place... It best not end up like ROTM/TOTM... I would personally kick everyones butt then... >_>

Old 09-08-2009, 12:33 AM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we could do a 5.2 of the month, 5.9 of the month 4.7 of the month 5.9 cummins of the month, 5.7 of the month, you get the picture. we could also do 4x4 of the month, as well as 2wd of the month. we could do sound system of the month, we coudl do white truck of the month,black truck of the month, you get the picture... the possiblilites are endless. we could even do a detail of the month.

this way its easier for someone to get nominated in any catagory, instead of just having one catagory. and i think they can only get nominated in one catagory for that month, as well as only winning in the said catagory 1 time in the year. however they could win in white truck of the month, and 5.9 of the month in the same year, as long as they were won during seperate months. (i.e. sept. and oct.)

you could even do a ride of the week, and at the end of the month run another poll of the winners of each week to determine who win ride of the month.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by 004x41500 View Post
we could do a 5.2 of the month, 5.9 of the month 4.7 of the month 5.9 cummins of the month, 5.7 of the month, you get the picture. we could also do 4x4 of the month, as well as 2wd of the month. we could do sound system of the month, we coudl do white truck of the month,black truck of the month, you get the picture... the possiblilites are endless. we could even do a detail of the month.

this way its easier for someone to get nominated in any catagory, instead of just having one catagory. and i think they can only get nominated in one catagory for that month, as well as only winning in the said catagory 1 time in the year. however they could win in white truck of the month, and 5.9 of the month in the same year, as long as they were won during seperate months. (i.e. sept. and oct.)

you could even do a ride of the week, and at the end of the month run another poll of the winners of each week to determine who win ride of the month.
Are we still talking graphics here?

I just got back from a few days in Kansas, let it simmer and we will see. Biggest issue I got with anything, is like DR said - authentications will be needed, and it would be something that would have to be with users here at a certain time and whatnot... by section is not near enough busy enough for that right now... but biggest thing I got, is you all already lost OTM because of the pissing matches, I really don't want it in my section. I like my section as drama-free as possible.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 AM
004x41500
Record Breaker

ya, thats understandable, as i would not want it either, but its still just a suggestion.

why cant people just grow up? lol.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by 004x41500 View Post
ya, thats understandable, as i would not want it either, but its still just a suggestion.

why cant people just grow up? lol.
So you are talking like diff sections have each own competition within their sub group, and then from there condense them all into a 'final round' competition?

Am I catching this right?

Ya, people do need to grow up. it's just a dang forum. its not life

Old 09-08-2009, 01:11 AM
004x41500
Record Breaker

ya, like have the 4x4's go up against each other, then the 2wds against each other, then finally have the 4x4s and 2wd go against each other. kind of an elimination thing to get to the top. but of coure when they go cross like that, you would have a winner from each sub catagory running for the spot, (i.e. white truck, black truck, 4x4, 2wd against each other in the final round) that way it give everyone on the forum a fair chance, and of course you can throw in the cars in as well. i was just using these as examples.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: