Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

What were you doing 8 years ago today?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What were you doing 8 years ago today?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was in middle school math (i think 6th grade, yea yea i know im young compared to most) had not clue what really happened until that afternoon when i got home (our school did go on what they called "red alert" but they didnt share the information with the students)

Old 09-12-2009, 02:10 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sitting in my dorm room when a friend messaged me to turn the tv on and I watched the plane fly into the 2nd building.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I was sitting in my old apartment watching the whole thing with my room mate.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:53 AM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

I was working in Mount Kisco NY which is about 25 miles in a strait line NYC, you would always here the planes heading in and out of the city, there was also the Metro North trains that ran directly (about 50 feet) behind the building these are the trains go to and from NYC.

One of the drivers came in early from his deliveries, and was carrying the small TV he kept in the truck, and said you guys wont belive this!!! He was a big guy and he had tears in eyes, turns out his wife worked in the first tower that was hit, he would later find out she missed her train and was staying home. Our department manager called all the trucks in (we delivered diesel and heating oil), he got a call from his girlfriend who was in the other tower above where the second plane hit, about 20 mins after he hung up the tower fell, he told us all to go home, but we stayed to support him.

As this was all going on the area got eerily quiet there were no trains that usually passed every 15 mins were the skies were quiet, not even a bird could be heard chirping. Even watching on TV was eerie, after the second tower fell, we lost all over the air tv news, all the major networks used the antenna on the south tower to broadcast. As it was falling the picture started to get fuzzy, then, just gone, nothing but static and snow.

I really didnt feel on edge about it(I knew our military was on top of the situation and felt safe beliving they would stop anything from happening again), until later that night, I was living in Cornwall, a few miles from Stewart Airport, which is also Air National Guard base. All night the mrs and I heard the military aircraft flying back and forth from the city all night long. I felt like I was living in a war zone.

Last edited by rare aries; 09-13-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:07 PM
mrs. rare aries
Professional

I was sleeping when this happened. rare had to call me and wake me up. I was working at Shoprite(local grocery store) at the time

Old 09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

At a driving range, that day was my championship match for the golf league and I was warming up. The guys in the pro shop came out and called us all in. Then we watched the 2nd tower get hit. We went hom to watch them both fall. Just the other day We were watching a movie. Blade I think it was, and there were shots of the towers. Brought tears to my eyes again. Brother was working the day before in tower one. had he been there the next day.. I don't want to think about.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 PM
big.bryant
Champion

I had turned 11 the day before (10th) and lived with my parents in Seoul S. Korea (military brat) and it was like 10pm when everything went down. I didn't find out about it all until the next morning when I woke up late and my mom said I wasn't going to school...

Whole base was closed down on Code: Delta (highest security) for around a week and then we started going back to school...

Kinda sucks that it happened on my birthday and all...

Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

Hey Big Bryant, We share the same day!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
big.bryant
Champion

thats sick! happy belated b-day!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

I was in Mrs. Wahl's English 3 class. All the classes turned on the TV's... We saw the second plane hit... live.

Originally Posted by big.bryant View Post
Kinda sucks that it happened on my birthday and all...
Yeah, I bet that sucks for you.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 09-14-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What were you doing 8 years ago today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: