Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Bad Day!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:33 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

l and r, what brand of TV do you have? i have a mitusbishi dlp and my bulb popped last year, the night before a steelers game. amanda called the warranty company and told them that we were having guests the next day to watch football, and they told me that they couldnt have someone fix it for like a week but i could do it myself if i wanted. i looked through my owners manual and found a run down on how to change the light cartridge, and it only took me about an hour that morning to pull it out, drive to the place that had the bulb...they put the new bulb in the cartridge, and i took it home and put it back in...

Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

Here's a good question: why do these things always happen at the most inopportune times?

So far, both people with TV problems haven't had them not work when their sitting around in the middle of the night with nothing to do. Instead, right before a game they really want to see.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Old 09-14-2009, 02:42 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

The tv I have is a Sony Bravia. First thing is I can't find my manual... Grrrrr.. I found every other manual/receipt for everything in the house, but can't find the tv manual. Second, it is under full warranty for 5 years. If I mess with and I am not a "certified repair person" I will void the warranty. I'm not saying that I could not do it, but I was told those bulbs can get pretty expensive so I will just wait for the service co. to come by and replace it for FREE...

Some good news - - - I replaced the garbage disposal. I did attempt to repair the old one, but found that the steel casting for the base somehow got a HUGE hole in it. Don't know what happened there, so I replaced the whole thing. So sink is fixed.

Bad news - - 2:45pm and I am still waiting for the roofer...

Old 09-14-2009, 07:04 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

That happen at work one day. Kid there one down there than he asked me to get it out. I walked away shacking my head.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by ericemery View Post
Our disposal decided to eat a fork... then puke it out its side...

I replaced my toshiba DLP bulb twice...
LOL, our industrial disposal at work shoots silverware straight up. It's hilarious to watch one of the cooks flip it on only to have a knife shoot out at the ceiling. The dishwashers know pretty well to stay back if they don't know whats in there, lmao.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9 View Post
lmfao

Sorry dude!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

our disposal tears the silverware up, but it doesnt seem to hurt the disposal any...

the warranty issue was why i didnt go tearing into my TV until the people on the phone told me that i could do it myself for a bulb replacement.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:46 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Well everyone, the disposal is replaced, the roof is fixed, waiting on the service on the TV.

THEN I wake up to find my car on the rim. Damn nail in the tire..... Then I check my bank account and forgot to transfer money to my billing account and got over drafted and charged!!!!

Man, I'm going to take a heavy sedatives and wake up next week. This one is not going so well....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: