Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Everybody has that one cop that everyone loves to hate

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Everybody has that one cop that everyone loves to hate

Old 10-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everybody has that one cop that everyone loves to hate

Okay, so I had some fun with a local cop tonight, and I thought I would share.

About an hour and a half ago, I hopped in the truck to go to our local Sub Way to get some dinner. My original plan was to just go get my sandwich and then come home to eat. When I got there, the local cop that I have a severe dislike for was in line to get his meal. We didn't speak, didn't even have a staring contest. He got his dinner and I got mine.

When I got back out to my truck, I noticed that the cop had gotten into his cruiser and moved it to the entrance drive of the Sub Way. He then proceeds to flip his radar on, and turned off all his lights. Now, in Missouri, it is illegal for any law enforcement to run radar along the side of the road while not having at least their running lights on. This also applies to privately owned property. It just so happened that the spot he chose to sit at was right in front of my truck with about a 15 foot gap.

Let me stop the story here and describe the lay out of the area. The Sub Way sits along the only two lane highway running through our town. It sits about 1/8 of a mile inside of the city limits. The highway is a complete straight stretch for about 3 miles. Needless to say, cops like to sit at the restaurant there and run radar because many people like to open their cars up on the straight stretch.

The mischievous side of me that loves to screw with people told me to sit in my truck and eat my dinner. I'm glad I did. I had all of my lights off, just sitting there eating my dinner and enjoying some good ole' Seager on the radio. About that time, I see a car come over the top of the hill, and notice that the driver proceeded to open up the throttle a little bit. I was facing the West with the cruiser in front of me, and the car was coming in from the East. Meaning, he was going to drive right in front of the cop, from my side of his cruiser. This part of our town isn't well lit. Even the Sub Way is dim on a dark night.

I noticed that the car was obviously not traveling at the 55 MPH limit. Judging from how it sounded, and the tire whine from about a mile out, I assumed it was bumping along at 95-110 MPH. Here I sat in a position to really screw with this cop. I watched Tom (the cop) get excited, he knew he had a good one on his hands. He made sure to put his dinner down, wrap it up to where it wouldn't go flying, and proceeded to buckle himself in.

I waited for the speeder to get closer to the City limits, and when he did, I flipped on every single light my truck has. Made sure the high beams were on, and both my fogs lit. I lit that police car up like a damn Christmas tree on a moonless night. Just as I made sure I had the cruiser easily identifiable, I looked around and watched the speeder make the car nose dive in order to slow down before he got to the city limits. As soon as the speeder got through the limits and a little bit closer to me, I realized it was one of my best friends that I went to High School with. Needless to say, the cop was royally pissed off. I saw my friend wave and smile real big as he went by, and then I looked at the cop. I well never ever forget the look on the cop's face. I would equate it to someone that just lost a ton of money in the stock market. I guess Tom thought I could hear him, because he went to yelling and screaming and just generally throwing a temper tantrum in his car.

After I knew that he was going to start looking for anything he could pull me over for, I fired up the truck and drove off. As I drove in front of his car, I glanced over just in time to see him flip me off.

I did make sure that I obeyed every single law of the road until I was back out of town, since I knew just even turning with out my signal on would get me pulled over.

Oh well, it was hilarious to watch, and well worth the scrutiny I'm going to receive for a few weeks while I commute to school in the mornings.

Everyone has that one cop that they love to hate. What's your story?

Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 PM
hirschy
Veteran

lol thats pretty funny.

I dont have to much problems with cops just gotta plan for it. If we have a party or go have a fire we just do it on the night there all busy with cruise night or other events.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:34 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

Aww man you should here this, My stepdad back in the 70s to 80s didnt like a cop and him and a group a friends found the cop sleeping on the road in his car and they happened to have a heavy strong chain that was long enouph to chain to the rear axle and to the pole behind, so they chained it up and went back and drove flying by the cop going real fast (dont know the exacyt speed) and had the horn blarin just to wake the cop up and that cop just woke up started the thing and floard it and he ripped the whole rear axle out of the car and had it layng on the ground and i think he said they went back just to lauph at the guy too, now a days ya cant get away with that **** because of the cameras inside the Police cars/trucks and even some that are in or outside of town

Old 10-10-2009, 02:39 PM
hirschy
Veteran

^^ thats another good one.^^

Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ZackN920 View Post
Aww man you should here this, My stepdad back in the 70s to 80s didnt like a cop and him and a group a friends found the cop sleeping on the road in his car and they happened to have a heavy strong chain that was long enouph to chain to the rear axle and to the pole behind, so they chained it up and went back and drove flying by the cop going real fast (dont know the exacyt speed) and had the horn blarin just to wake the cop up and that cop just woke up started the thing and floard it and he ripped the whole rear axle out of the car and had it layng on the ground and i think he said they went back just to lauph at the guy too, now a days ya cant get away with that **** because of the cameras inside the Police cars/trucks and even some that are in or outside of town

That sounds just like a sceen from Porkys.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:56 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by paul05dak View Post
you mean scene?
Huh, ive seen the movie but dont remember that, do remember my step dad tellin me that story

Old 10-10-2009, 03:37 PM
CSXfan
All Star

LOL thanks Laramie, I needed a good laugh. I would have done the exact same thing.

I did something like that last year. I got pulled over one night on a 2 lane back road for doing 67 in a 55. After the cop wrote my ticket up and let me go on my way, he followed me since he was going that way anyway.

Soooo...just because I could, for the next 6 miles I flashed my fog lights at every single oncoming vehicle. I couldn't believe how many people slammed on their brakes. I'm sure I saved more than a few drivers that night. At the next intersection the cop pulled up next to me and gave me the dirtiest look I've ever gotten. It made my day. Oh, the cops name plate said "Officer Fruitberry"...no joke.

3 days later the same cop pulled me over for not wearing a seat belt. I guess I had it coming.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
LAKOTA169
All Star

Originally Posted by paul05dak View Post
It's from American Grafitti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YDxG...eature=related

Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

Yup that is what I was thinking about. At 4:55 in... Thanks. Watching that i cannot believe how young Ron Howard and Dreyfuss look.... Then again, I looked young back then also!

oh and Zack thanks for correcting my speling /sarcasm

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

now your f**ked laramie he will have it out for you for a long while

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Everybody has that one cop that everyone loves to hate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: