Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

What if this is a possibility?

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What if this is a possibility?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Haveaniceday
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible?

It came to my attention that it would be possible to house everyone who needs a home in America. All the homeless, all the low income, everyone could live in decent, crime free housing in the form of condominiums.
In the 60s, they had the same idea and built the projects. However, we could change the rules. Recreate these condos and make them modern and then give away free housing for everyone who wants it in exchange for a commitment. We would require the owner guard the condo where we live against property crime. We would require they check up on the elderly and disabled and go shopping for them. We would require they learn to fix and then fix simple plumbing and electrical problems.. We would require they do bi-annual painting of all interiors and exteriors. In exchange, all housing would be free.
We give prisoners free housing don't we?
The cost to build these condos is minimal, maybe $7,000 per unit if done en-mass. Drywall is dirt CHEAP and that is 90 percent of the material in a house or condo!!! How do I know? I am a licensed property adjuster and deal with this stuff every day.
The owner would be responsible for insurance, condo fee and local property taxes. Since the condo is worth $7,000 these fees should be minimal and could be paid for by a part time job working just a few hours a week. Those who couldn't work could pay due to disability could pay with their government subsidies. This would also pay for regular security guards (bouncers) of each condo to take care of anyone who didn't belong.

What happens if they do not abide by the rules? There would be a condo board and they would get kicked out. It would definitely be in their best interest to cooperate. We can do this.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Dude, you're in Wuhan China, why do you care how America is housed?
I'm merging this with your other "Weird" thread, since I'm not convinced you are a legit member yet.

Last edited by Laramie1997; 10-23-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

or just continue to ignore the issue and eventually they'll kill each other for a crack rock or the next fifth of jack....

Old 10-22-2009, 11:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

yeah...this guy isnt suggesting anything profound here...hes just advocating more projects. must be a democrat..

zing!

Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by BadStratRT View Post
yeah...this guy isnt suggesting anything profound here...hes just advocating more projects. must be a democrat..

zing!
!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

awww snaps. as my 3 yr old daughter would say

Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 AM
xray99
Banned

Lol @ "free housing" - We already tried that dude, they are called "ghetto projects" over here.
Unless dealing with a child, handing **** out fo' free, then expecting responsibility in return, is an automatic oxymoron.
If the people were responsible, they wouldn't need handouts in the first place.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:11 AM
cutiejoe
Banned

i do believe in life after death.
as our holy indian books say that after death if the time on this earth is not over we have to live in this world as spirits.
as soon as the time is over we are taken to heaven or hell.
but this is only applicable on sudden accidental deaths.
but if one is dying with severe illness or old age.
they can feel the second world in which they are going to step into soon between as flashes.
or they start the process of entering the closed doors between life and death.
we call them halucinations but they actually are not...!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What if this is a possibility?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: