Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

LOL Hackers on PC version of MW2

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

LOL Hackers on PC version of MW2

Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently you do not understand the difference between hacks and glitches. A glitch is a fault on a game/system... and hack is something done on purpose, by a human player. You either don't get that, or you're ignoring it to get your "point" across.

Yes, that was a GLITCH. I've been in one of those matches. He got into the AC130 and did not have to reload. So he kept shooting off the big round from the plane. Don't state your opinion like it's fact when you haven't played it. One... little... glitch. And XBOX is working on a patch right now.

NONE and I repeat NONE of those "hacks" are done online on MW2. NONE. It wouldn't fly on XBOX Live. No super jumping, no speed ****. What's going on now is a game FAULT. NOT a hack. And there is a difference, to those with a brain. The first one was single player and this guy is offline. The second video is COD4, not MW2 and I guarantee he didn't get away with that for more than a few days. You wanna know how I know, besides the fact that XBOX Live is all over that? Because I have 24 days played on COD4 and NEVER saw any crap like that. It's NOT and I repeat NOT "just as easy". You don't get away with that stuff on XBOX Live. They get banned, FAST. And patches come fast. I can't believe you're sitting there arguing that the problems are the same on the console. That's one asinine argument if I've ever heard it.

It really is funny how far you go out of your way.

No one cares about PC gaming anymore. It's not worth any company's time and it's not making the same money it used it. Too many cons and not near enough pros. Consoles are the present and the future and PC gaming is all but dead. Get over it.

Here, maybe you can understand better:

Video game glitches

In video games, a glitch is a programming error which results in behavior not intended by the programmers. Glitches may include incorrectly displayed graphics, collision detection errors, game freezes/crashes, sound issues, and others. Some glitches are potentially dangerous to the game save data. [2]

"Glitching" is the practice of a player exploiting faults in a video game's programming to achieve tasks normally impossible if the game's script runs as intended, such as running through walls or defying the game's laws of gravity. It is often used to gain an unfair advantage over other players in multiplayer video games.

During quality assurance (such as the role of a game tester for video games), glitches must be located, a report compiled, and then fed back to the programmers.[2]

Though commonly used by game players and the general public, the term "glitch" is rarely used by game developers, publishers, and QA departments. Instead, the more common term of software bug, or simply "bug", is used by professionals working in the video game industry.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 12-16-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

Midnight, I have a brain,I don't appreciate your pesonal attacks on my intelligence,and I fully understand the difference between a glitch,and a hack. I think you are just in denile about the fact that hacking is possible on your precious almighty "future of gaming" Xbox. So what if he got banned 2 days later? He did it! And it says right in the description that it can be used on multiplayer games. I think you are being very selective about what you are seeing in those videos,it's people hacking console games! The best hackers are probably the ones who don't get caught because they use hacks that are not easily seen in game.

Do you think every online PC game is full of guys jumping up 100ft in the air? Seriously,we won't play with those guys either,if I suspect a hacker on a game I'm in,I leave, as does almost everybody else.

I am not going out of my way to find hacking on the Xbox, just do a 5 second Google search on Xbox Modern warfare 2 hacks,here I'll do it for you....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...h&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Almost 6 million results! You can't deny it happens,you just can't!

Also you will notice nowhere did I mention anything about your intelligence,or lack thereof? There are Hacks on Xbox,PC Gaming is not dead,never will be as long as PC's exist,less popular yes,but far from dead. There's a ton of Xbox hacks available a very short look around the internet will show that to be true,you can live in denile about it if you want but it happens,and that is the end of it,it just is.

Last edited by Bluesmanjesse; 12-16-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Yeah, you don't appreciate personal attacks? We all remembered who you were because you first few posts in this section were insulting. You belittled console owners and completely insulted all of us. So get off your high horse. I never said your name anyway. I said people.

I never said hacking wasn't possible. My point is that it's policed better and fixed faster. It's also harder and VERY unlikely for it to happen and even more unlikely for people to get away with it for long. Those people made videos to prove what they did... because a lot of the times, it's hard to prove it!

As for it being "my precious future of gaming". I'm not all that worried bud. I'll always play on a popular platform. No matter what it is.

You act like it's not WAY easier to do all that hacking crap on the PC. You consider your argument a good one. It's quite funny. I mean, you're comparing apples to oranges. It's like saying it's just as easy to run out of gas in a Civic car, as it is in a top fuel dragster. It's silly.

PC gaming is not dead I guess.... well, it's ALL but dead.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 12-19-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Billiam
Champion

Yea, I know 1 person that still PC games it up. Everyone else I know uses a Xbox or a PS3.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
No one cares about PC gaming anymore. It's not worth any company's time and it's not making the same money it used it. Too many cons and not near enough pros. Consoles are the present and the future and PC gaming is all but dead. Get over it.
You almost do ok and then you go and make statements like that. Plenty of people still care about PC gaming, a lot of the companies do too. Case in point my frustrations with Borderlands, they can't come out and say it blatantly but Gearbox obviously didn't want to put securom into the patch and **** people off and they did want to do the PC version right. The beancounters at 2k games on the other hand care only about the dollar signs and they forced some of the issues. Even with the issues I can still get a lot better graphics on my rig than I could playing it on my 360 or PS3 and were it not for the securom bs I would still be playing it often.

Studios could develop toward the PC first and then scale things back and easily get the Xbox 360 version. This would result in an excellent game on both systems. There would still be extra work for PS3 but that's the case already. The publishers want these games out as fast as possible with as little investment as possible and too often decide to ignore part of the userbase.

Wanting PC to be dead and consoles to be the future is shooting yourself in the foot. You think all those hardware advances that enable the next generation of consoles to be better are driven by a system that has it's hardware spec frozen at launch? The first Xbox was put together with off the shelf PC components. The 360 uses components that were designed for it but are based on PC components and uses tech developed on the PC.

With the current state of gaming both PC and console are absolutely necessary to advance gaming as a whole, I don't understand why everyone can't see that.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

I would point to video cards as a huge area where tech is driven by the gaming industry. Most of the other stuff is better suited by the professional video cards (fireGL, quadro, etc) which are a completely different architecture.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:24 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

haha, yea there are millions more Steam users than xbox live users. This is just steam alone so I wouldn't quite say PC gaming is "all but dead". Should be rephrased to "everything but dead". The xbox isn't bad and serves it's purpose among it's fans, but the majority of games played on a 360 can be played on a PC. You can even use a 360 controller on a PC. The claims are just plain silly.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

"all but dead"... "everything but dead"... Same thing... I like how you guys ignore statistics and just go off you're opinion because you ARE PC gamers. That's cool. lol Check PS3, PS2, PSP, 360 and Wii sales vs PC games sales. PC gaming is nearly dead. You can reply with the same thing over and over but that fact remains.

Eric, I like how they act like because PC gaming helped mold gaming in the past, that we need them for the future... That's silly.

Maybe I/we are being ******** about it, but I got tired of PC gamers talking down to us, so oh well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LOL Hackers on PC version of MW2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: