Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Florida getting taken behind the woodshed

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Florida getting taken behind the woodshed

Old 12-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Wishbone
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nfl would never make it here. Oklahoma football is too big. Besides the Nfl is near as good as college football. I am also a Thunder season ticket holder.

OU had the toughest schedule in the Country and lost 14 starters this year. Amazing Stoops was even able to have a winning record.

Midnight, you sure can dish it out. But obviously can't take it.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

Can't take what exactly? Please, point it out. You're the one that seems like you can't take it. I think it's funny that my Oklahoma pictures lasted in your head so long. It's quite comical.

Check your stats. Oklahoma's schedule was #3 toughest, not #1. Not a big difference but you're known for tweaking stats slightly. Mississippi State, an SEC team, had the #1 toughest schedule. Followed by Arkansas, another SEC team. Then guess what, ANOTHER SEC team had the #4 schedule and that was Alabama.

Oklahoma is Gator bait. Ohio State is Gator bait. Florida State is Gator bait. Georgia is Gator bait. Miami is Gator bait. Tennessee is Gator bait. LSU is Gator bait. And this pisses you all off.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 12-07-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:17 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

so does that make bama the crocadile hunter? lol. have a go at this, the elusive north american tebow. what a beaut. hold still little fella im just gonna get so measurements i wont hurt cha..whoa he's a biter. ha haha ha. sorry

Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

haha I've seen lots of funny Tebow pics on Rivals and Scout. 99% of Gator fans like me, are just having a laugh at them. I like this one.

http://i47.tinypic.com/685snk.jpg

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 12-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

no pic. repost please

Old 12-07-2009, 02:26 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

chase, youre just lucky that pitt pooped the bed against cinci or you would have to watch the panthers chew on those gators...instead, ill be rooting for the gators to beat up cinci.

mike vick couldnt get around Pitt's D...pat white couldnt get around Pitt's D...Tebow would have been a great challenge...

Old 12-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

This works right? http://i47.tinypic.com/685snk.jpg

Heh, I don't think Cinci has a chance. I would have thought the same for Pitt. I think the only team in the nation that could have beat Florida, did... Would have been fun if our teams were playing each other though.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 12-07-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

it would have been interesting indeed. i dont think that pitt could beat florida and i fully expect florida to DESTROY west virginia...although when the Pitt defense is on, they can stop the running qb offense. i think that it would have come down to how the pitt offense could deal with the gator defense but its all for not because pitt is in the preparation H toilet bowl or something.

anyways...dooooo do do do do do...gooooooo gators. lots of people dont like tebow but I do and I look forward to seeing him go out tearing apart the mountaineers.

tebow will look good in lions colors next year!

Old 12-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

You mean Cinci.

Tebow... People are just sick of the media hype, they ignore his talent and they hate. He's going to Jax! This is the theory of a lot of people.

#17 Jacksonville Jaguars: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Jacksonville's biggest need is to sell tickets. Not being able to sell out any contest this year is an embarrassment, and Wayne Weaver's top priority is fixing this.

Weaver, who already said that he would "heavily consider" Tim Tebow in the first round, sees adding Tebow as a situation akin to Cleveland drafting LeBron James. I'm not saying Tebow will be a James-type player, but both are celebrity sports stars who can put people in the seats.

Many draft experts seem to agree that Tebow has a high bust rate. However, others like Bill Parcells and Gil Brandt called Tebow a "top-10 pick." Jon Gruden said that Tebow would "revolutionize the game." Tony Dungy stated that he would draft Tebow over Jimmy Clausen, Sam Bradford and even Matt Grothe. The Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have a "high regard for Florida's Tim Tebow." Mike Ditka, who is 11-0 with his Monday night picks, recently praised Tebow as well.

Recently, Peter King reported that two teams said that Tebow would not make it past them in the first round. Because this was all anonymous, there was nothing to be gained from throwing a smokescreen out there. I have to believe that one of these teams was Jacksonville.

Even if Tebow busts - and Vince Young's improvement has to be really encouraging for Tebow's supporters - he'll be a great selection for Jacksonville financially, as he'll sell tons of tickets for at least two years. Remember, professional football is a business; Tebow may not be a great pick in terms of pure football (though that is debatable), but he's an outstanding selection from a business perspective.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

wtf...how did i get off on that wvu tangent...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Florida getting taken behind the woodshed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: