Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Love Dodges?

Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love Dodges?

So yesterday I take Ians Stratus to the local tire store for a new set of Yokohamas that were badly needed. The gal running the counter brings me up on the computer and asks for which car. 03 Stratus I say and she asks if I still have the 01 Dakota. Yep. How about the 02 Neon? Yep. 93 Dynasty? Yep. Like Dodges huh? (chuckling) Yep, can't kill em. I guess not if you've still got the 93. Yep, good old Dodges. Everyone else can have that other stuff. Make mine Dodge. Then she asks for the keys and I tell her I'll drive it in. You want to drive it in? Yep, I do that.....and watch the work. OK then. Yep, I like to know what's being done to my vehicles.

So it's my turn and I take it to the back and the "techs" start groaning about another junk, rusty damned dodge as soon as I exit the vehicle. The clips for the center caps on these wheels turned to powder. It's a Mitsubishi actually I say. Same difference, comes a smart a$$ reply. They pull the wheels to find I've made new clips to replace the rotted ones. Yep, I say 127,000 miles, runs and looks like a new car, but the damned clips rust out of the wheels! A little bailing wire and she's good as new. (sarcasm here). Then they shut up with the whole junk Dodge thing. I then watched each tire mounting and balancing. I won't allow a tire to be put on that requires over 3/4 oz. of tire weight to balance. 3 tires took exactly 3/4 oz. The 4th took 2.25 oz. That tire's junk I tell him. Get another one, I don't want that junk put on one of my Dodges.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

LOL I've got junk tires on my Stratus right now.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

very nice. you have to take pride in the vehicles you own. otherwise you'll be like every other city boy that just trades his car in every two years for a new one, and wouldn't even know how to use something as simple as a crescent wrench.

what would you do if they started to use an impact wrench to put the lug nuts on? the tires on my truck now were put on with one and the reason i know that is because the key for the locking lugs is bent a little bit. i would be mad enough to make them buy me new ones if i didn't already plan on replacing them due to rust.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

i do my own work, i drop the wheels off at the tire shop and i install them myself at home,
truck hasnt seen the inside of a shop in many years,
i do need to do an alignment, i might take it to the shop for that... might not though
i wanna see the kids gawk at the fabricated air suspension im funny like that

Old 12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
deranged
Record Breaker

I let them gun em on but then drive it straight home and re torque them to 85 ft lbs. No fancy wheel locks just the factory rims. I would have normally loaded them in the Dakota and done it myself but it's been a long week at work and I wanted to be pampered.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:22 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

i gun em on myself, i trust my shop to do it, but this truck is difficult enough to drive i dont want somebody in it that dosnt know it,
if i do go in for an alignment i told the manager that i would rather be the one to drive it in and onto the rack

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Love Dodges?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: