Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

what have you done

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

what have you done

Old 01-02-2010, 09:47 AM
AsphaltCowboy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ever seen the movie idiocracy? i believe thats what this country is coming to. i hope im wrong.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:51 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a scary, but not too far fetched idea, . . .

Old 01-03-2010, 12:50 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

since my children dont appreciate anything their christmas was cut short. instead of the usual 3 to 4 hundred dollar budget they were cut to less than 100.00. i didn't care to get them anything but my wife felt guilty. anyway i found a local orphanage and took 6 bags of toys and clothes to them.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:55 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

Originally Posted by Laramie1997 View Post

Simple- Smart people tend to select other smart people for their offspring, and dumb people generally do the same. Reproduction isn't perfect.

Personally, I believe that instead of us becoming a species that is smarter and more evolved, I get the impression that we are doing the opposite.

and when smart people breed they have one maybe two(pushing it) ignorant bastards have 6, 7, more? i am constantly on my kids *** to achieve. i just found out my 4 yr old daughter is at a 6-7 year old intelligence level. she is the only one her age i know that can recite the pledge of allegiance, count to 100, sing her abc's, write her name, and she is social. i will not let my children fail. my 10 month old has the problem solving of a 3yr old. i love it

Old 01-03-2010, 01:05 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker

Volunteer firefighting. Does that count? Also always stop for people stranded or stuck.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Laramie1997 View Post
People wonder why I'm like that, but then you hear about a guy that got stabbed to death in a mall parking lot for taking a parking spot really quick. Lady got out of her car and went after him with an ice pick. This was, of course in my home town the day before Christmas.
im not gonna deny that things like that happen and yes it strikes a fear into the public but god damn if thats all your shown throughh the media thats all you gonna know. and with that loose faith in man kind. i know i take a chance helping some one and i wont tturn my back on that person either. but do you think if we heard about more good deeds done than the evil that is done. would people be so afraid im sure i hope that mor good is done in this world its hard to see. maybe im just delusional. that kinda why i started this thread hopeffully show that there is still good decent people out there. but thats just my

Old 01-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Oh, there is no denying that there are still good people out there, and the fact that our media strives on negative occurrences in our lives. There again, we as people thrive on knowing all the gruesome details in the first place. As my Granddad would have said- People got nose problems. Everyone wants to know what skeletons you might have in your closet. As an end result, all you hear about is the negative acts that people do; you rarely hear about the good in people.

I know as well as the next person that there is good in people. The only difference is I refuse to find out first hand if a person is feeling like being good or bad that day. ( To put it in a childish way I guess) I visit a family member at the local federal prison every week, and there is a moment where I'm just sitting in a crowded room watching the prisoners around me. What amazes me about this is the fact that I've seen more than one go from being a nice person, to being rude as hell. It's just like someone flipped a friggin switch.

For this reason, I refuse to randomly help people unless I know them to either be close to my faith or that they present no harm that I wouldn't be able to get out of by my own will.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: