Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Raptor sighting

Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Gageguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're all over Detroit. Saw a half dozen, that I noticed, over the holidays. They've been at the dealers as well. IDK they're ok, I'll be keeping my pig.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio

I saw one at Bob Evans yesterday. Also seen 3 others on lots, which has since been bought.

Should be interesting to see how a "factory" off road toy sells, GM and Dodge should be watching closely.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Has anyone looked at the raptor from Ford's website?

I never really had until this topic was brought up. Now that I have, I think I would pass in a major way.

It's available with a "super cab" which is comparable to our quad cab coupled with a 5 1/2' bed.

I can live with that, but I can't fathom that truck with Ford's anemic 5.4 in it. Last I had heard, they were talking about a 6.2(?)?

I hate to thread jack, but the more I look at Ford's website, the more frustrated I'm getting.

- They've resorted to Sony Audio as their "upgraded" stereos? LMAO
- Are we as a society so lazy that we now need a capless fuel neck? I mean, hell, it was bad enough that caps started coming on a leash, but now there is no cap at all???
- I'm wondering, what's Ford's M/O for offering two different 4.6 V8's? One is a 2 valve rated at 248 HP, and the other is a 3 valve rated at 292 HP. That's pretty sad considering that my 13 year old truck is rated at 273. I know first hand just how much of a dog the 5.4 (only 310 at that) is on a 2010 F-150, I can only imagine what that 2 valve 4.6 is putting out. I know Ford may claim that it's their way of increasing "Fuel Range", but the way I see it, MPG's would be severely hindered considering that the damn thing weighs 6,570 at the curb????

I don't want to come across as a basher, and I actually like the looks of the raptor.... But damn. I can't believe that Ford can even show their face while producing this crap.

EDIT: I did look further and they are offering the Raptor with the 6.2.

Last edited by Laramie1997; 01-07-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

I saw a blue one a couple weeks ago. I need to go talk to my friend who works at the local Ford dealer. He is probably the one who sold it. That would be funny because back in July when I asked him if he knew much about the Raptors, he said he had barely heard of them. "Its sad that a Dodge guy knows more about Ford trucks than a guy who sells them!!!" is what I told him.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Saw an orange one the other day at Long John Silver's. Wanted to take pictures but didn't have a camera on me to do it with. Even for a Ford I got to admit that they are pretty cool looking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raptor sighting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: