Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Heated Driveways

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Heated Driveways

Old 01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02 View Post
Yeah thats what I was thinking. A family friend installed an application like that in his garage. Is the Gypcrete sprayed on and then trowel finished? Some of our bridge clients have used Gunite or shot-crete for concrete repairs which is sprayed on.
It is poured on. it is thinner then concrete and almost goes on like a floor leveler. Then it needs a few days to dry out and set up. After that you can go about your business and lay down your flooring on top of it.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

You could buy an old garden tractcor with a plow. Cheap, easy solution.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 PM
CarterT1975
Professional

My Dad has a house with a heated driveway, ironically he had it installed after I joined the military, Cost was $36K for concrete not sure if he got a deal or not, really works well.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:28 AM
jk360
Veteran

Originally Posted by dodgenitto View Post
This is a 4 million dollar log accented house and the bid for the heat was $130,000 with absolutely everything and installation.
So no it is not a typical installation.

This would be more of typical installation. This is a $7,000 system vs the one above being a $130,000 system

Like this? The Boilers themselves are piped in copper, but the zones are run in a plastic type of pipe called pex and a few other things. it goes on the sub-floor and then you pour 1.5" of gypcrete over it or it can also go under concrete slab or driveway.

About 2-3 years ago I wired a 6.5 million dollar home here in NJ and the entire house including the second floor was done with radiant heat the same way. heres some pics of the boiler room:

Name:  IMAGE_011.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  80.0 KB

Name:  IMAGE_012.jpg
Size:  86.5 KB

Name:  IMAGE_013.jpg
Size:  69.0 KB

and here's a pic of the 400 amp service we did.

Name:  IMAGE_015.jpg
Size:  45.9 KB

we also installed a backup generator in his backyard that was powered by a natural gas ford 5.0 mustang motor! that job was insane.. took almost 4 years to complete! their garage is bigger than most peoples houses!!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:38 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow man your lucky, you got a pretty interesting job, but im pretty sure id be too distracted to work in those buildings, the owners probably have too many cool toys, (how many of those toys do you actually get to see)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heated Driveways

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: