Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Best college football teams of the decade

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Best college football teams of the decade

Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

I came across a question and answers page for college football and someone asked this question....

Q: when was the last time that the Florida Gators played a regular season non-conference game OUTSIDE of the state of Florida?? - JN

A: September 21st, 1991. Syracuse 38, Florida 21. Before that there was a 38-13 win over Memphis in 1989.

As a fan of a team that plays a top 5 non conference schdule every year this is hard to understand. As a season ticket holder I would feel very shafted for not getting quality teams to play.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Why do you keep going on and on about the Gators SOS all the time, and the Gators in general?

The biggest thing is that you're going on about something that is only half right. Florida schedules Miami every couple of years and has USF lined up, along with FSU every year Other than that, yeah, some weak teams... But besides all that, the Gators still play a tougher schedule that 90% of the country.

How about this year? This year people called Florida's schedule easy. http://www.gberatings.com/sos/ SEC teams 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 11 and 13. Florida ranks at 13. Easy schedule, huh?

Since 2003, Florida's SOS has ranked 1, 49, 32, 1, 6, 5 & 13. Also, since 2003, the head to head SOS record would be Oklahoma 4, Florida 3. Not too big of a difference, huh? And we could go back further. On this one for this year. Florida is #2 and OU is #20. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...hedule-by-team CBS has Florida at #2 and OU at #4.

So what are you trying to prove, again and again? We know Florida has had a soft non-con lately. But FSU used to be a power house, Wishbone. They were the team of the 90's. Since FSU has gone down hill, Florida has placed UM and USF on the schedule... and despite all of this... Florida still has the above SOS ratings.

Florida will always have a soft team to play the week before FSU, because FSU will become great again and they always concentrated on FSU completely. FSU and Florida would constantly ruin each other's season back in the day.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 01-25-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

Florida State travels to Norman next year which I'm sure the lucky Seminole fans will sell out their allotment of tickets and will get to experience a great atmosphere. I believe Fsu also has Byu next year as well. Props to their AD.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

I saw this same topic posted on another forum and a Georgia fan responed with this...

It would be a parole violation for the Gator players to leave the state.

I laughed a little bit.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

As usual, ignore the stats presented to you.

You must not know too much about football outside of Oklahoma. FSU can't give tickets away. There are tons of half off deals on billboards, news papers, online... Even selling season tickets at TCC and FSU for like 60% off. I get at least 4 sets of alumni tickets every year. The crowd is always so quiet, I can talk on the phone most of the game. So selling tickets to an out of state game... not likely. The fans that stick around for their team in the state of Florida are Gator fans. Not much is painted garnet and gold in Tally. The city of Gainesville and surrounding area is filled with orange and blue, even during the Zook years.

BYU ain't ****. Here's to FSU becoming good again and OU winning a BCS game.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 01-27-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best college football teams of the decade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: