Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

haiti

Old 01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=xray99;1973469]
Originally Posted by deranged View Post

I suppose you would be very happy if the slaves successfully revolted in the USA ?
Point of my statement, which apparently sailed over your head, was that they have no claim that that is there homeland, the land of their ancestors.

I surely can't believe that you or anyone on here would passively accept forced slavery as a way of life or be willing to live an existence under those terms. I for one would not. I would rather die like a man than live as a work animal.

Sure the blacks have no claim to being native ancestors to the island of Haiti to which by your own logic would lead to the argument that we have no claim to the territory we know of as the United States of America as our homeland unless of course you are a Native American.

Had it not been for the grace, compassion and fellowship of those Native Americans our ancestors could have been left to starve and freeze to death or been slaughtered or enslaved.

My point is even that some primitive ancient cultures knew compassion, something that is very much needed today.

You're thinking "bleeding heart, liberal bull****!" right now, aren't you?

That's too bad.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

o god is this really going to get political now????? lets try and keep this civil

Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
xray99
Banned

I surely can't believe that you or anyone on here would passively accept forced slavery as a way of life or be willing to live an existence under those terms. I for one would not. I would rather die like a man than live as a work animal.

Sure the blacks have no claim to being native ancestors to the island of Haiti to which by your own logic would lead to the argument that we have no claim to the territory we know of as the United States of America as our homeland unless of course you are a Native American.

Had it not been for the grace, compassion and fellowship of those Native Americans our ancestors could have been left to starve and freeze to death or been slaughtered or enslaved.

My point is even that some primitive ancient cultures knew compassion, something that is very much needed today.

You're thinking "bleeding heart, liberal bull****!" right now, aren't you?
That's too bad.
Not sure you can accurately say what you would have done if forced into slavery.
Indeed, many, if not most, had a better existence under forced servitude than they would have staying in their violent, disease infested homelands.
I don't think you'd go far arguing that blacks would be better off today in their Afrikan homelands, I rest my case.

As for the indians, the 2 situations are not comparable in the least.
European colonialists founded & built the USA from the ground up. Until then, it was a wild backwater inhabited by a primitive peoples who had no concept at all of a "country" - Kinda hard to "steal" something that didn't even exist until it was created.
Contrast that to Haiti, also founded & built by European colonialists, only to have it taken over by blacks, who promptly turned a tropical jewel into a devoid hell on earth.
Your wild assertion that it was only through the grace & compassion of the peaceful indians that European colonialists suceeded in building a future great nation is so laughable that it doesn't deserve a serious reply - Where ever do you get crap like this from ?
And you are apparently blissfully unaware that your benevolent, peaceful indians found great joy in slaughtering white settlers by the 1,000's, making famous in the process the barbaric practice of scalping.

In any case, you may not be on as solid ground as you presume.
The trend in scientific thinking is that Europeans inhabited many parts of what was to become the USA well before indians.

First Americans May Have Been European

By Bjorn Carey, LiveScience Staff Writer

ST. LOUIS—The first humans to spread across North America may have been seal hunters from France and Spain.
This runs counter to the long-held belief that the first human entry into the Americas was a crossing of a land-ice bridge that spanned the Bering Strait about 13,500 years ago.
The new thinking was outlined here Sunday at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.

More
http://www.livescience.com/history/0...americans.html

Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

However to successfully revolt and then hunt down and systematically slaughter everyone associated with your enslavement makes you even worse than the enslavers...

Old 01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

Xray, how ago did the revolt in haiti happen? I'm sure that most people who say that the us was founded in the same means as the current haiti think about the fact that the us wasn't developed where haiti was...unfortunately there is the ability to compare the two on the most basic level...especially since history only hands us part of the story.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
xray99
Banned

Strat, you want to make poor excuses for mass, racially motivated slaughter, thats on you.
They wanted their independence .. They got it.
Those uncultured, violent savages can stew in their own juices as far as I'm concerned, I don't care how long ago it happened.

You don't find it in the least ironic that they would go so far as to slaughter every single white person on the island, presumably as a measure just how much they hate whites ,,, Then turn around and beg whitey for help, and complain when that help doesn't come quite fast enough, or is sufficient to take care of every person on that god forsaken island ?

Thats exactly what they want, they feel they are entitled to be taken care of.
Once the disaster relief has run its course, then its going to be how much do we sink into rebuilding them.
Then its going to be how much do we sink into building up their economy and providing these lazy vultures jobs.
Screw all of that, I'll say it for the 3rd time - If they can't stand on their own, they should not stand at all.
I'd be content to see them sink into the dust, and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:07 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

i was agreeing with you....talk about things sailing over your head.

my point of asking about the date, was that i was wondering how long it took them after the revolt for it to get like this...why do you always expect everyone to argue with you, especially after the PM i sent you...maybe everyone on the site wouldnt complain about you if you didnt immediately act like an ******* to everyone...even those who agree with you.

since youre just turning everything into an argument...even when people agree with you, im going to lock this to save you the trouble.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: haiti

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: