Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

My Interesting Night

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

My Interesting Night

Old 02-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default My Interesting Night

Okay, I'm gonna try and keep this as short as possible. I work with my ex, who is a few years older than me. Her boyfriend came into work tonight and had a few beers at the bar, then left. He came back about 30 minutes later repeating "I f'ed up, I f'ed up." Turns out he was about 2 miles down the street and lost it around a turn in his 03 Taurus. He said that it wasn't a deep ditch and he hit a couple of small trees but it wasn't bad. I knew he was drinking, but from what he said he only had 3 beers

So me being the nice guy I am, I said "hey buddy, I have a tow strap and a Jeep, I'll yank you out if you'd like when I get off work." He said hell yeah so after I was off, he, my buddy, and I went to pull it out.

Well, turns out those couple of small trees were actually quite a few small trees, as well as a couple slightly larger trees. The road drops off about 2 feet and there was 1' of snow still on the ground, then he was 20 feet off the road and back in the woods with trees in front and behind him.

Within 5 minutes two state troopers pulled up with their lights on. The guy knew said he was screwed, and that's when I realized he had 3 open containers in the car, and that he had drank more than 3 beers at the bar.
One trooper took him back to the cruiser to do a sobriety test and the other started the crash report.

Originally he asked if we had a preference of what wrecker took the car to the impound lot. I got to talking to him and said that I had my tow strap already on the car and that I can pull it out with my Jeep. I only lived a mile down the road from where it happened so I convinced him to let the guy release the car to me so I could flat tow it back.

First I had to get the car onto the road. Neither of the troopers thought I could with my "little" Jeep. Dropped it in 4 low and luckily my strap was long enough that I could get my front tires on the pavement. Gave it two good yanks and dragged it all the way up onto the road.

By this time they had finished the accident report, found the open containers, and conducted the field sobriety test. He was under arrest, they made sure I had my license and took off. The car was pretty messed up. Radiator was cracked, fans were FUBAR'ed, front bumper was hanging on by a thread, air bags deployed, cracked windshield, etc. Rather than mess with flat towing it I had his girl friend drive my Jeep and I did a quick sprint to my house with it.

Then I drove her and a coworker of ours to the HW patrol station where he blew a .179. As soon as he came out I took him aside and laid into him pretty bad. First the fact that he had involved me, his girl friend (they've only been dating 2 weeks), and a co worker of ours. Then, I called him a dumbass and asked him WTF was wrong with him for driving like that, and with open containers. He said he made a mistake and it wouldn't happen again. I said BS. I'm sure he's done it before. Then I asked what if his 4 year old daughter was with him? Aside from risking his own life and everyone else on the road, I asked him if how he would have felt if his daughter were in the car. He mumbled something and said yeah I know I'm a dumbass.

Here's the funny part: I'm 17 years old. This guy is 30! Something seem wrong with this picture?

Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

yea, your ex cant decide if she likes older or younger men.

But seriously, nothing seems right with this picture at all. Sounds like a lot of bad decisions were made and it's fortunate the story didn't have a more unfortunate outcome.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 AM
V8MANual
Captain

Dear Abbey,
I'm from W. VA and am an attractive 18 yo girl, but I'm still a virgin.
Do you think my brothers are gay?
Horney

Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Lmao!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:14 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

lol, you seem to find all the interesting happenings dont you jr.?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:50 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

We quit seeing each other a few years ago......(you old members will remember the thread)

Dusty

Old 02-21-2010, 10:49 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by dustyloins View Post
We quit seeing each other a few years ago......(you old members will remember the thread)

Dusty
He outgrew you Dusty!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02 View Post
He outgrew you Dusty!
lol aint it the truth

Old 02-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Wow thanks guys...

So for whatever reason she felt it was her responsibility to take care of the car while he was at work today. She calls me up and says her and her cousin are coming to get it. Good, I wanted it gone and wanted nothing more to do with it. They get here with a 2500 work van and a tow strap, wanting to pull this wreck 20 miles to the guys house.

Yeah freaking right. So I go to Uhaul, rent a car dolly and load it up behind the Jheep and tow it all the way to the guys house.

This guy has me royally pissed. I didn't do any of it for him but I don't think he understands that yet. I was up until 3:00 last night and lost my entire Sunday, not to mention the gas money I'm currently out of (I was offered money by my ex, but I don't want her money, I want HIS.)

I did it because this girl is like a sister to me (even though we've had our differences.) I wasn't going to stand by while this guy puts all of this crap on her shoulders. He and I are gonna have another little talk, and he's gonna have a rude awakening if he thinks he's gonna continue to treat her that way.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:28 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker

Kick his ***!!! ...seriously. I won't put up with people who drink and drive its, seriously beyond stupid to. I would have never helped him. I would have taken her home and helped her get to work and what not.

Josh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Interesting Night

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: