Oil Spill pic - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Oil Spill pic

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Oil Spill pic

Old 05-02-2010, 05:07 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Default Oil Spill pic

I'm not even going to attempt embedding this pic, so a link will suffice...

http://www.digitalglobe.com/download...26_2010_dg.jpg

Old 05-02-2010, 09:24 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

I was watching that stuff on the news the other day. Amazing that they are having troubles shutting off the oil lines so it will at least stop pouring into the Gulf.

When I first heard about it, I was just thinking that it was a tanker or something. Not a friggin main oil line that is constantly flowing. My jaw dropped when I actually sat and watched the reports.

Heard they are losing about 2500 barrels a day into the Gulf. That this is costing the import/export shipping and tourism of the area about $4 billion a day. They are starting to say that this might end up worse than Katrina for them.

The good news though, since the fishing industry has been pretty much shut down, BP has offered cleanup jobs to ALL the fishing boats to help out. Paying them real well from what I hear too. BP took over a school gymnasium or something of that nature and turned it into a post for the fisherman to get their daily assignments.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:29 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

As if gasoline prices weren't going to go up enough due to the summer driving season, this is another reason for big oil to raise prices......

Dusty

Old 05-02-2010, 09:31 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Well I just read another article. Looks like the estimate for amount of oil coming out daily is somewhere between 5000 and 200000 barrels!!!! WOW!!!

Even worse news, the slick is about to enter the North Atlantic current system. When this happens, the slick will be carried down and around the southern tip of Florida and back up along the EAST COAST!!!! OH CRAP!!!! There goes my summer on the beaches. Oh yeah, there goes Florida's tourism dollars too.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:20 PM
rocket23
Champion

screw the gas prices we are so f%$ked !! This is ten times worse then the valdez Disaster!! The powers that be better get off there a$$es cuz robots that deep ain't gonna do it, Matter of fact this could very well be the beginning of the end . that crude is deadly, we all know it and now it is gushing We need a king size condom Imo.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I read the well is 5000 feet below the surface. They have equipment to monitor it, but nothing that can repair it at that depth. This is the environmental disaster the eco-nuts were concerned about when they opposed offshore drilling. On Fox news last night a retired offshore oil engineer said there was no tools that can do repairs at that depth and obviously no human can work at that depth. The really depressing thing is the oil companies are actually trying to create an under sea rover that can repair the line. How can they drill at 5000 feet if they don't already have the equipment to repair something like this before a disaster? I am no enviro-whacko, but I am sickened. This could destroy the entire Caribbean ecosystem. If a big early storm comes in from the Atlantic, it'll spread that oil across the entire Gulf Coast to Mexico.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

[QUOTEWe need a king size condom Imo.[/QUOTE]

They are planning to do something like that ......

Dusty

Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
rocket23
Champion

Oh boy, I'm not eating shrimp anymore,

Old 05-03-2010, 02:41 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Originally Posted by dustyloins View Post
As if gasoline prices weren't going to go up enough due to the summer driving season, this is another reason for big oil to raise prices......

Dusty
I think it already started. I got gas a few days ago, and it was $3.15/gal for 93. I just drove past the same gas station tonight, and it was $3.25/gal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Spill pic

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: