Tony Dungy's Opinion on Rex Ryan's Language (Hard Knocks) - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Tony Dungy's Opinion on Rex Ryan's Language (Hard Knocks)

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Tony Dungy's Opinion on Rex Ryan's Language (Hard Knocks)

Old 08-31-2010, 03:02 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Default Tony Dungy's Opinion on Rex Ryan's Language (Hard Knocks)

Don't know how many of you heard this story but it seems Tony Dungy former Coach of the Indianapolis Colts and counselor of Michael Vick didn't have anything good to say about Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan's use of the English Language on HBO's "Hard Knocks." Ryan apparently cusses like a sailor and Tony Dungy doesn't think that it's nice nor appropriate for the image of the NFL.

I must say I tire of hearing of Tony Dungy and his goody-two shoes act. I respect the guy but he just comes across to me as one of those guys that thinks he is better than someone else because of the fact that he doesn't swear.

Dungy needs to understand that every coach has different methods of coaching. Rex Ryan's players seem to absolutely love him so obviously the swearing isn't all that bad if the player's aren't taking an issue with it themselves. Besides that, the fact of the matter is that the show "Hard Knocks" is only available on HBO which means little kids and teenagers aren't really the ones who are watching it.

Tony Dungy expects people not to judge Michael Vick on his past offenses and yet he's telling the media that Rex Ryan shouldn't be cussing on HBO as if it's hurting the image of the NFL. Last I checked Rex Ryan isn't a convicted felon and hasn't been to prison for killing dogs. Michael Vick's even being allowed back into the NFL is worse for the NFL's image than Rex Ryan cussing on an HBO program any day of the week. Barely a year out of prison Vick was almost in trouble again for a gunfight that occurred at a club where he was hosting his birthday party.

All in all I respect Tony Dungy. He is an excellent coach and a good person but he shouldn't judge other people for the way they talk if he preaches forgiveness for a guy like Michael Vick. I am a big supporter of the first amendment so it's refreshing to me to see a guy like Rex Ryan coaching in the NFL. He says what he thinks and he doesn't always give you the company line. It makes football more interesting and fun to watch as a whole. Not to mention he took a terrible Mangini team and got them to the AFC Championship Game. It's not as if he's cussing at press conferences or on national television during an interview.

Last edited by Shibby927; 08-31-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tony Dungy's Opinion on Rex Ryan's Language (Hard Knocks)

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: