2010 AP College Football Top 10 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

2010 AP College Football Top 10

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

2010 AP College Football Top 10

Old 09-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Default 2010 AP College Football Top 10

Here's the AP College Football Top 10 Rankings for 2010 with my opinion on each team's ranking.

1. Alabama - As National Title winners from last year they definitely deserve to be in the #1 Spot. Do I think that Alabama is going to repeat last years performance? The answer is no I do not. With Heisman Winner Mark Ingram sidelined with a knee injury he just had surgery for it's hard to see Alabama being as productive as they were last year in the running game. This could hurt them early in their season and dash their hopes of a second National Title.

2. Ohio State - Underwhelming team last year. I felt they were overrated last year and this year is no different. Ohio State gets love because they are Ohio State and they have Terelle Pryor who is probably one of the most overrated players in the country. I would personally have Ohio State more around 6th or 7th in the rankings.

3. Boise State - Don't get me wrong I love Boise State but they are so overrated it's not even funny. They play in the weakest conference in college football and the best team they beat last year was Oregon which was an inconsistent team that relied on their offense to outscore opponents and win games. Boise is a well rounded football team and beating TCU in the Fiesta Bowl was no small achievement but BCS teams are still at a higher level than Boise or TCU are both at and until they beat an elite BCS team in a BCS bowl game I don't think they deserve the right to play for the National Title. When over half of your games are against cupcakes it's not fair to teams that play much tougher competition in BCS conferences such as the Big Ten, Big 12, and the SEC.

4. Florida - Honestly I think Florida is OK where they are at. They are a good football team with good players that are going to step in and play good football. I don't forsee them staying at #4 all season though. This year will be a year to reload a little bit and to get newer players more experience to reload for the 2011 season. But who knows perhaps they will suprise me.

5. Texas - I don't see Texas staying at #5 for long. I think they are a top 10 team but I just don't see them matching the offensive production that they had when McCoy was at QB and with some key losses on defense they will be reloading in that department also.

6. TCU - I have the same feelings about TCU that I have about Boise State. They play in a weaker conference. I would like to see them take on more BCS teams to prove that they are as good as everyone seems to think they are.

7. Oklahoma - I think Oklahoma is probably a better fit and #5 instead of Texas. Landry Jones is a stud. They will have more experience this year and I don't see them making the mistakes they did last year. I honestly think they are the best team in the Big 12 unless another team like Nebraska or Texas can really step up.

8. Nebraska - Highly overrated in my opinion. They offense was mediocre at best last season and was totally inconsistent. They lost to Iowa State for crying out loud and in Lincoln. Top that off with the fact that they lost Ndmukong Suh to the NFL and I just don't see how Nebraska is going to be as good or better this year.

9. Iowa - My Hawkeyes were probably one of the most disrespected teams last season. Just because you play close games doesn't mean you aren't an elite football team. Iowa had one of the best defenses in the Nation last year and sometimes it's the defense that wins you championships. This year however despite losing some key players on defense Iowa should be a much deeper team both defensively and offensively. Running back Jewel Hampton returns at 100% after missing all of 2009 with serious knee injury. Top that off with the fact that Iowa is 5 deep on monsters disguised as defensive lineman (Clayborn, Klug, Ballard, Binns, Daniels) and you have a recipe for success. I think Iowa in all honesty is a dark horse candidate to play for the National Title but more than likely I see them getting to the Rose Bowl or another BCS game. They are definitely a better football team than Nebraska, TCU, and Texas for that matter. I would put Iowa probably as a legit #5 and I am not just saying that because they are my team.

10. Virginia Tech - I just don't see where all the love is coming from for this team. They lost games last year that they should have been on the winning side of and were ultimately underwhelming considering at one point last season I believe they were as high as #4 in the rankings. In all honestly I think Wisconsin should be ranked here instead of Virginia Tech after they dominated Miami. The score from that game wouldn't have indicated total domination but it was domination.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

In short, Texas too high. Iowa and Wisconsin too low.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Yeah I think that pretty much sums it up. Boise State is too high also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 AP College Football Top 10

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: