Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Great article on Xbox Kinect

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Great article on Xbox Kinect

Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 PM
xDuhkota
Default Great article on Xbox Kinect

Going through the news this morning and stumbled across this article on the Kinect.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...ily-love_money

Had to sell my 360 several months back (wife and I had a baby); now that I'm getting back into video games, this makes me really want another 360 ... was considering a PS3 because of the Blu-Ray and free online gaming.

One thing I saw which totally surprised me:
"If players have similar builds, Kinect tries to glean differences in their facial features, haircuts, body movements and clothing color. And if identically dressed twins initially stump the system, it will ask each to say something."

... Had no idea the sensors are that ... sensitive

Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 PM
tmartin72

We have the Kinect and it's awesome....blows the Wii and PS3 away! It uses facial recognition to log you into your account automatically. The Kinect Sports, and Kinect Adventures games will have you sweating and out of breath. This is from a very fit prior soldier btw There are even workout games that examine your height, build, etc to custom tailor a workout to you!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

There's a nice review of Kinect over at The Xbox Source too: http://thexboxsource.com/?p=72

I have one myself, it's fairly impressive how well the unit can recognize your motions.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

Wow, the XBOX Source is cool. It's like they aren't drones, like the rest of the reviewers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great article on Xbox Kinect

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: