Why I wonder about voting privileges... - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Why I wonder about voting privileges...

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Why I wonder about voting privileges...

Old 06-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Default Why I wonder about voting privileges...

WHY I WONDER ABOUT VOTING PRIVILEGES.....
submitted by an person on Capitol Hill

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the North?" When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, (and has for some time), she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff.". . .She also votes!

I used to work in technical support for a 24x7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific." . . . . . . He also votes!.

My colleague & I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard 1 of the admin. assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving." . . . . She also votes!

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut through a seatbelt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk. . . . . . . My sister also votes!

My friends & I were on a beer run & noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% & gave us a 20% discount. . . . He also votes!

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I explained that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned.. . . . . My friend also votes!

My girlfriend and I were picking up some sandwiches from the sub place last week and she asked the clerk which of two sandwiches was better. The clerk didn't have an opinion but did say that the first sandwich was more expensive. My girlfriend got a quizzical look on her face and asked, "If that's the case, why are they both listed with the same price on the menu?" To this, the clerk responded, "I don't think we add tax to the turkey.". . . . The clerk also votes!

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?". . . . . . She also votes!

Old 06-11-2005, 04:11 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Why I wonder about voting privileges...

My friends & I were on a beer run & noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% & gave us a 20% discount. . . . He also votes!
Might as well buy 9 cases. Not 10 because he'd pick up on his mistake with you walking out with 10 free cases Speaking of this, I was at school one day and overheard this convo:

Her: "Are bricks flammable?"
Him: "No, I don't think so"
Her: "Ok. So if there was a fire, we could all hug the walls and wouldn't get burned"
Me: [&o] [&:]

She's going to be able to vote in about 3 years...

-Matt-

Old 06-13-2005, 05:24 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker
Default RE: Why I wonder about voting privileges...

I'm sure I've given this example before, but I'll give it again since it applies here. It's not as extreme as all of yours' but it shakes me up a little bit. My boss put a sign on the wall refering to two speakers that were from the sales managers of the dealership, I guess he didn't want anybody hooking the radio up to them so he put a sign on the wall that said the following:

"Do not tamper with either of these speakers, employees who are caught will loose theire job. - Kyle"

So technically I could have ripped the speaker down and pissed on it in front of him and I would have been able to keep my job, I'm not sure what happens if they loosen your job!

This guy votes and he was also my boss.

You know, we had there, their, they're, lose, and loose on our spelling tests in second grade. Oh, and so I havn't offended anyone, you don't have to spell perfectly all the time, but when you are an executive in charge of people and you feel the need to threaten them with a sign, at least spell everything correctly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why I wonder about voting privileges...

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: