DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   This Nation's Weakness (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-topic/271764-this-nations-weakness.html)

OlDirtyJohn 12-09-2010 06:50 PM

This Nation's Weakness

Guys/Gals

I feel that over the last couple of decades this great Country we live in has grown weak. We have coddled the balls of political correctness, and grown too soft. what has happened to the days when no one beat around the bush? and we could speak freely of our feelings without persecution?

i mean for gods sake, we have taken dodge ball out of schools, and "under god" out of the Pledge of Allegiance. You cant hit your kids when they do something bad, and you cant speak your mind. whats next?

In my professional opinion as a warfighter, i feel that things like these have made our country weak and vulnerable. we are raising a nation of hippies and unpatriotic people, who will not step up, and take the reins to defend this country and everything we stand for. just think of the commitment of the people to our country of yesteryear as compared to now. its sickening.

this is a piece that i wrote a couple years back. read and take head of its message.

"After having an ice cold MGD and watching '300,' I begin to wonder.
Readiness. It's a word with meaning in battle. It signifies preparedness, alertness, skill and confidence. Are you truly ready?

Are you ready to carry the fight to whomever, whenever?

Are you ready to bring the fight?

Preparedness, training and confidence such as the Spartans used would shock and be reviled by those today, but the essence of that preparedness should echo in all of us. No doubt many of you who serve have gotten the strange look, the sideways glance, or cold shoulder from many of those sheep who would turn a blind eye and an inviting target for the predator. But are you ready to bare fangs at the wolves and fight? Warrior after warrior from the earliest ages of history have understood that fortune favors the prepared. So the burden is on you, you who have decided that depending on the mercy of evil is for those 'cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.' Are you truly ready? For those who have served know well the adage: The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in combat. Are you Ready?"

Now, I am not saying that everybody should join the armed forces. but just think for a moment.... what would you do if someone invaded our country? what if they challenged our way of life? got rid of our freedoms? imposed their will on you? what would your children do in the face of adversity?

just think about it. think about the way you raise your family. the way other people raise theirs. this world is not perfect. are you ready? are we raising a nation of weaklings and pansies who will just submit to those who look to take over? or are we raising a nation of strong willed, and strong minded individuals who will bare fangs and defeat the wolves striving to oppose us?

shadowthedakota 12-09-2010 10:53 PM

well said.

audiomechanic 12-11-2010 02:31 PM

+1

5char

rocket23 12-11-2010 07:54 PM

I have a solution...... First we will need an invading army,then some country wide strife. After a few years of suffering and dying. The Backbone of our country will wake up, seeing as it's do or die. And the pc police have fled or hidden.We will of won our fight, Then freedom will ring once again. For the entitled,ungrateful and ignorant. Not too mention the lazy,uncaring and selfish.

neoncrazy101 12-11-2010 11:12 PM

Well said man. I'm part of the younger generation, being that I was born in the 90s, but I've always loved watching ww2 movies and such and was always captivated by what that generation fought for, how much they were willing to give for our country. Now I'm not saying that this generation of military aren't willing cause they for sure give a lot and I am so thankful for them, but what I do mean is, you hear of stories (in real life) of men faking their birth cert. and ID to get into the military before the legal age. To me, that speaks volumes of what freedom meant back then. Then the hippies came and destroyed it all and now we are where we are today I feel.

rocket23 12-11-2010 11:30 PM

The hippies did not come by,(like the mayflower). They were poisoned byVietnam, A war that we ha very little to do with. It was more a clash against communism.With south and no, vietnam as the country of choice. Had it been a more traditional war,ie lands being overun (yours) It would of had a more popular American view. I too admire the courage and sacrrifice that hed happened in ww 2. Sadly we entered that war a tad too late. but the outcome was just as glorious. It started in '39. Todays soldier is by far the best fighting ensamble there is. He is given the finest weapons an the best tactical support, second too none. Our probem is .We wear uniforms, our enemies do not. They bleed back into the streets as if they were never there. To have ol dj comment is just the tip of the iceburg. We can be truly in trouble if the cowardous ,politically correct and whining continues. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, alright smack em hard enough I guarantee results!! Sorry rant button must a stuck.........

dustyloins 12-12-2010 03:28 PM

Good rant, though....

Dusty

motorider228 12-12-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by neoncrazy101 (Post 2346958)
Now I'm not saying that this generation of military aren't willing cause they for sure give a lot and I am so thankful for them, but what I do mean is, you hear of stories (in real life) of men faking their birth cert. and ID to get into the military before the legal age. To me, that speaks volumes of what freedom meant back then.

I don't know you, and I don't know if you have ever attempted to join the military, but it is not an easy task to join in todays day and age, let alone lie about something as huge as your identity. I think the only reason freedom is different today is that we don't have the same chances of being attacked on US soil as we did in the 1940's. Japan did, and Germany certainly had the power to do so, and people realized it. I'm not taking away from 9-11, but the Taliban certainly does not serve the same threat to the United States that the Axis powers did.

In the States it is life as usual, people don't think of the men and women in Afghanistan, or their personal sacrifices, people forget about our service members until CNN flashes a little blurb about LCpl so and so, or SSgt. small town, then as soon as the commercial is over, their thoughts of that dead service member go right out the window. Life is not affected by the conflict in the middle east in the United States now like it was during WWII.

I believe that the patriotism is there though. Look at our individual services, they are bursting at their seams. Hundreds of thousands of young people are doing their part, or trying to do their part.

Just my $.02

rocket23 12-12-2010 07:58 PM

Yeah, two different posts or I should say meanings. Th original quote was from when people who faked there id too get into ww 2. That wasn't meant for todays day an age. The second post was for todays modern problems, which were pointed out ,justly. If it weren't for cnn, where would Americans learn anything from the war. It's usually buried in the paper, that no one really reads anymore. And as far as on line goes, there's more bullcrap on line than in farmer Johnsons corn field!! It was a time when America learned how strong we really were. and now it is a time that America feels how weak she really can be. As the op stated earlier. politaical correctness, and frivulous lawsuits has brought the America I know broke and timid. A frigging shame, because our fore fathers walked like men, and our women (of that era) behaved like women. Not animals with rights,and ignorance too boot. ......damn rant button.....

stormer426 12-14-2010 12:49 AM

Right to bear arms keeps the pinkos out. Yes America has been pussyfied in the worlds eyes thanks to the ilk of Obama and his kind.