Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

XBOX 360 Repair

Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 PM
revpete
Default XBOX 360 Repair

I decided to start tinkering with xboxes, So far, I have fixed the first 2 with red ring of death. Of the ways I have heard. Wrapping them is NOT recomended.
Not sure how long the other fixes will last, But so far so good.

I live in eastern Iowa if you have an xbox that has red ring.

Cost you over $100 to send to microsoft to fix.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 AM
XSV06

2 red lights is usually a easy thing to deal with since it is caused by overheating.

3 Red lights is when you get into the fun stuff. If you haven't already you need to go read up on secondary error codes.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Flyman1981
Amateur

I fixed two of them with 3 red lights caused by thermal cycling cracking the solder on the board under the X Clamp. I used the washer method to reduce the spring tension in the clamp. It worked great for about 2 weeks and then **** the bed again.

This problem has been addressed by Microsoft in the newer versions right? I just ask because i just bought a brand new 360 last month.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XBOX 360 Repair

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: