Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Getting Wisdom's out Monday

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Getting Wisdom's out Monday

Old 12-18-2010, 02:04 AM
magnethead
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting Wisdom's out Monday

This oughta be fun. I'm trying with reckless abandon to get rid of this cold, I'm a week behind on work, made a house call today and have a followup next week, have a racecar to tear down on tuesday, get my paycheck tuesday, AND haven't bought any christmas stuff yet.

This outghta be fun. Should I have them call in a morphine script beforehand, so it'll be ready when I get out? I go in at 8:15AM monday.

by reckless abandon, since Sunday, i've taken half a bottle of dayquil, 1/3 of a bottle of nyquil, an entire bag of losenges, and 1/4 bottle of vicks44 liquid. And I still can't breathe.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was young, I always got sick around Christmas. Never figured out why.

Dusty

Old 12-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Bourbon ought to open you up a bit.... Works for me at least.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Take Nasonex it reduces infalamation of the sinuses. Also what do you need morphine for? I want your doctor on call for when I have a cold

Old 12-18-2010, 05:47 PM
magnethead
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by highrevr/tflea View Post
Take Nasonex it reduces infalamation of the sinuses. Also what do you need morphine for? I want your doctor on call for when I have a cold
the fact that I'm getting my wisdoms out the same day that we're getting the camaro back from the chassis shop, AND that the next day (tuesday), we're pulling the axle, transmission, and engine. axle is going off to Baertrax to get rebuilt from trashing the R&P, trans is getting front-to-back rebuild, and engine is getting a compression bump to 15:1 and moving the cam from 105 to 108 degrees.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

wow that thing is gunna breathe heavy

Old 12-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by magnethead View Post
the fact that I'm getting my wisdoms out the same day that we're getting the camaro back from the chassis shop, AND that the next day (tuesday), we're pulling the axle, transmission, and engine. axle is going off to Baertrax to get rebuilt from trashing the R&P, trans is getting front-to-back rebuild, and engine is getting a compression bump to 15:1 and moving the cam from 105 to 108 degrees.
Morphine is going to F you up a lot more than you want to be doing that kind of work. Tell the doc you need something that will make the pain livable but you want as little "loopiness" as possible. You may not get something that will knock the pain out fully but if I were in your place I'd want to have my head right for that stuff.

When I had my wisdoms out two of them were impacted pretty good and I only took the hydrocodone they gave me the first day. After that I just took ibuprofen and it was tolerable, would have been better with the hydro but I absolutely hate the feeling that stuff gives you.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:07 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

percacet is what dentists use around here for scripts but yeah, morphine is tuff stuff. prolly dont want to work while on it

Old 12-19-2010, 11:31 PM
magnethead
Grand Champion

I was exaggerating....

Old 12-20-2010, 11:29 AM
magnethead
Grand Champion

I'm home from the oral surgery office. I told them that I went to bed at 5 am was extremely sleep deprived and they said that was a good thing. They actually reduces my IV drip line because I was almost out of it on my own. it took three very low doses and after the third and the bottle in my nose, I was out nice and easy. Said I would be numb in my front limp, nothing is numb right now. WAY better than I expected. The second i woke up I did all the basic checkes like a pilot does before takeoff, including letting my internal gyroscope re-boot, and I was 100% good- the second the IV come out (which isn't even bleeding), I was already up and walking around while he went to get the wheelchair. He tried to get me to sit in the wheelchair but I just walked out on my own. No probems what so ever right now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting Wisdom's out Monday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: