Good for Tim Tebow - Page 5 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Good for Tim Tebow

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Good for Tim Tebow

Old 01-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Shibby927 View Post
I'm not going to say Tebow's elite after this win because they were playing a Pittsburgh team thrashed by injuries.
I don't think anyone said he was elite, but it proved he's good enough to win a playoff game... in the NFL... People said he couldn't do that. Along with countless other things.

In comparision the Broncos had all of their key starters outside of Brian Dawkins.
That's not true, not one bit.

On offense, #1 WR Eddie Royal played hurt. #2 WR Eric Decker didn't play at all. #4 RB Spencer Larsen didn't play and with #3 RB Ball playing injured and #1 RB Knowshon Moreno on IR, it was #2 RB McGahee almost by himself. The Broncos have also been playing without two key linemen, one is a starter on IR, Chris Kuper. On defense, Brian Dawkins was out on defense. Brian Dawkins BACKUP was also hurt. Denver was down to a #3 S there. Von Miller played hurt and was only in half of the time. They were also missing two back up CBs. Not good against more than 2 WRs. They've been without starting DT Kevin Vickerson almost all year. Ty Warren got hurt before he could even play this season.

Did not play:
#1 RB
#1 LG
#1 FS
#2 FS
#2 WR
#3 CB
#4 CB
#4 RB

Played hurt:
#1 OLB
#1 WR
#2 RB
#2 DT

Pittsburgh didn't play a full strength Denver team either. Tebow played without key offensive weapons or hurt offensive weapons.

Pittsburgh only seems slightly more banged up. You NEVER play a full strength team in the playoffs. I don't like hearing about this stuff that happens every year. It takes away from Tebow's performance and yes Thomas deserves credit (all of the Broncos do), but this thread is about Tebow here, which is why we're giving him credit.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 01-10-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Yeah he deserves credit. I guess I should have been clearer. The media and Bronco fans are pretty much giving him all the credit. Don't get me wrong I like the guy I created this thread in support of him but sometimes all this excessive coverage just gets ridiculous.

Our injuries were not of the minor variety. Woodley hasn't played any kind of significant time since Week 8 against the Patriots and he was our best pash rusher until he got hurt. The doctors told him he's wasn't going to be fully healed until the season ended up regardless. Roethlisberger's injury pretty much makes him an immobile statue. He had a couple of runs against the Broncos where I think he would of picked up a good 10-15 yards normally but his ankle slowed him down to gains of about 5-6yds. Mewelde Moore was done for the season, and so was Rashard Mendenhall. That's two of our running backs that have seen extensive playing time this season. We had John Clay a practice squad guy having to backup Isaac Redman at RB. Then you factor in the Keisel and Hampton injuries early in the game. Keisel was having a career season. He is by and far our best defensive lineman and he was getting into the backfield before he got hurt. Hampton is a run stopper and lone behold without him in the lineup the Broncos started finding running room as evidenced by the Tebow touchdown run.

This is the official Broncos injury report

Bruton, David S Achilles LP LP LP questionable
Dawkins, Brian S Neck DNP DNP DNP Out
Larsen, Spencer FB Knee DNP DNP DNP doubtful
Miller, Von SLB Thumb FP FP FP probable
Royal, Eddie WR Toe DNP LP FP probable
Wilhite, Jonathan DB Illness DNP LP - questionable

So I'm not quite sure where all those other injuries you've got down came from. I know they are missing Moreno but McGahee has been more than a capable backup for them. At least they didn't have their starter as a #3 third down guy, and a practice squad guy who saw his first carry in Week 16.

I really don't want to take away from their win I just want to point out that that wasn't anywhere near the Steeler team I've been watching for each and every game this season and that had it been a neutral field with a completely healthy team on both sides I still don't see the Broncos beating the Steelers head on.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Eric Decker was hurt during the Pittsburgh game, in the beginning. I didn't remember if he played or not. Sorry. "Decker injured his knee in the beginning of the second quarter when he attempted to make a catch over the middle and was hit by Steelers linebacker James Harrison ."

Chris Kuper, Knowshon Moreno, Cassius Vaughn, Kevin Vickerson, Richard Quinn, Ty Warren and others, are on IR. IR players are not shown on the official injury report. They are listed in transactions. http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbronc...tions?team=DEN

#4 RB Spencer Larsen was placed on IR today.

Brian Dawkins and his backup David Bruton are on the injury list, as are Miller, Larsen, Royal and Wilhite.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Despite being 38 years old, Dawkins is going to be REALLY missed in the New England game. It's his quick reaction in the pass defense that could have made a pick or two on Brady. Brady eats the young DBs who anticipate or react to what they "think" they see for lunch...

Old 01-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Well I think it's pretty obvious that the Broncos aren't that good especially on offense and I think they would've been eliminated if it weren't for the perfect storm of injuries that plagued the Steelers at the end of the season and into the playoffs. Oh well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good for Tim Tebow

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: