Go Back  DodgeForum.com > The DF Lounge > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

New England VS. Green Bay in 2013 Super Bowl

Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New England VS. Green Bay in 2013 Super Bowl

Old 04-22-2012, 07:33 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New England VS. Green Bay in 2013 Super Bowl

I can't figure out the reasoning behind the NFL schedule makers. MY New York Giants have the hardest schedule, which I'm fine with. After all, they are the Super Bowl Champions. But the easiest schedule was awarded to the New England Patriots and second easiest schedule was awarded to the Green Bay Packers who just happened to have the two best regular season records last year.

Is there an agenda in the NFL to have a New England/Green Bay Super Bowl?

BTW Chase, ESPNs Michael Smith predicts that despite finally using some of their money to sign a couple of players, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will not win a game until week 16 vs. the Rams...

Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Definitely! I was watching ESPN NFL Live the morning after they released the schedule and the hosts were mocking the reasoning behind a Super Bowl team getting the easiest schedule in the league. It proves what I have said since the NE spying "scandal". I believe the NFL owners try to do what's best for the game, BUT Robert Kraft is the richest owner, by a very, very large amount. If he puts his foot down and says that he will start suing or releasing other embarrassing information, the other owners pretty much roll over. This is the clearest, most unambiguous case of Robert Kraft strong-arming the league. This now puts at least 12 AFC teams at a huge disadvantage and destroys the parity that the NFL has claimed it wanted for the last 20 years.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

New England is always getting cake schedules. They play in a pathetic division competing with the likes of the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. The Jets have been their strongest competition as far as divisional opponents but that's hardly saying much after the atrocious showing the Jets put on in 2011. Belicheat and Shady Brady are the poster boys of the NFL, they are always hyped up no matter how many times they've choked since they won their last Super Bowl (If you want to call it a win, they did CHEAT after all was said and done). They struggle against the top tier defenses. Pittsburgh cleaned their clocks last season, and they should've lost to the Ravens in the Playoffs.

The Giants D was able to hang with them enough recovering from injuries to beat them in the Super Bowl as well, and for as highly touted as the Patriots were going into that game they should of mopped the floor with the Giants, instead they were once again humiliated. As far as football goes I love watching Belicheat and Brady pout after choking just about as much as I like seeing the Steelers win Super Bowls themselves.

I'll laugh when the Patriots undoubtedly choke again this year. I think they make the playoffs and end up going home.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I think the better than average teams do better with a stronger schedule myself. Teams who traditionally have too soft of a schedule seem to not be able to step up in the play-offs.

Take the Giants last season. Yeah, they did open the year with a TON of injuries and got most of these players back just as they needed to make that push just to get into the play-offs, BUT starting with the Jets game and continuing into the Dallas game, they basically were playing single elimination, or basically "started" the play-offs a couple of weeks early.

We'll see what the Giants are made of this year as they not only have the statistically hardest schedule, but seven of their last nine games are against play-off teams from last season.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if New England or Green Bay finished the season with their respective conferences best records, home field advantage throughout and get sent packing in their first play-off game simply because the other team was more "up for it"...

Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 AM
olublicy

They play in a pathetic division competing with the likes of the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. The Jets have been their strongest competition as far as divisional opponents but that's hardly saying much after the atrocious showing the Jets put on in 2011.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Great, looks like we have a spammer that doesn't speak english.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

I've never been a Giants fan. And I don't like Eli, never have never will. So I'm glad they got the toughest schedule.

I live in WI and all I got to say is that GB needs to play some real teams. I mean yes the Bears and Lions are promising but GB other then that has no competition. They went 15-1 and everybody up here was like oh yeah we are going to steamroll are way to another super bowl title. Not so fast. Defense sucked, and it was funny to watch that NEVER get addressed. The thing is they actually just figured they were going to win it all again. Even with their bad D play. Pathetic.

I agree ultimately I believe the NFL wants a Packers vs Patriots SB. Brady vs Rodgers. I get sick of the Pats always getting an apple pie schedule, and quite frankly hope that GB gets its *** kicked around early on in the season so these guys actually go out to play football. Last year was embarrassing.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM
V8MANual
Captain

I've suspected since the Who were picked as half-time entertainment to sing 'Who Are You?' for us 'Who Dat?' fans that the NFL is as fixed as NASCAR and UFC.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Originally Posted by HammerZ71 View Post
BTW Chase, ESPNs Michael Smith predicts that despite finally using some of their money to sign a couple of players, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will not win a game until week 16 vs. the Rams...
I don't usually listen to predictions, as most are usually wrong, but there are many people predicting playoffs for the Bucs. The Bucs offense will be STRONG.

QB (B+): Josh Freeman should be healthy.
RB (B): Blount and rookie Doug Martin (2nd best RB in the draft) should be punishing. Martin can also block very well. The Tampa Bay backfield hasn't been this good since Dunn/Alstott. Eric Lorig is an OK FB.
WR (B+): The addition of Pro Bowler Vincent Jackson, which brings a true #1 WR to Tampa Bay should also improve the performance of #2 Mike Williams and Arelious Benn. Preston Parker and Desmond Briscoe are two great up and comers. This is THE best WR core Tampa Bay has ever had.
TE (C): This is the only weak spot on offense. Kellen Winslow is great when he is healthy, but he's had nothing but injury problems as of late, and his backup, 2nd year Luke Stocker is a better blocker than receiver, but we have so many solid WRs now, who needs him?
OL (B+): This is THE best offensive line that Tampa Bay has ever had. We signed Pro Bowler Carl Nicks at guard and the other guard, Davin Joseph is a pro bowler as well. SOLID guard Jeremy Zuttah will move to C to replace Faine and Jeremy Trueblood and Donald Penn are very solid as well.

Overall Offense Grade: B

There is no way we don't win a game til Week 16 with that offense.

The defense is where the problem is.

DL (B-): The whole defensive line is full of up and comers with a load of potential. DEs Bowers and Clayborn already produce and DT McCoy is great when healthy. Brian Price is alright and backups Bennett, Okoye, Okam, Gibson and Miller are all solid backups.
LB (C): MLB Mason Foster is very young and is getting better. He should be more solid as the defense gets better around him. Rookie OLB David should have been a 1st round draft pick and is fast and a sure tackler. He should be great next to Foster. The only real weakness here now is Quincy Black.
CB (B-/C): Uncertainty is big time here. We don't know if we'll have Talib or not or is Ronde will play S or CB, but Eric Wright is a very solid 3rd CB. Biggers and Lewis are decent 4th and 5th CBs. If we get Talib back and Barber plays corner, then we'll be just okay.
S (B-/C+): Rookie S Barron is a sure tackling play maker and will make the defense better right away. But either Barber or Grimm will be playing FS.

Overall Defense Grade: C+

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 05-05-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Even though New Orleans basically got the death penalty, there is still too much strength in the division. I just don't see any way in hell Tampa makes the play-offs this year. I like a lot of their moves, but there is just too much to be done in one season...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New England VS. Green Bay in 2013 Super Bowl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: